Sign In   Register

Topic

The worst thing you have ever driven?? 11 years 1 month ago #114396

Worst thing I've ever driven?

Easy - some weird Fiat Estate as a hire car while on holiday in Lanzarote one year.
It was only supposed to be a small car, but thiswas all they had left - you could see why it was left as well.
Dirty manky green colour, I'm sure it was not actually the colour and it was mould, Smelt funny and once we tried to drive it found out that it had serious gearbox issues when selecting almost ANY gear.

There's a bit of video footage where we had driven up to the national volcanic park and forgot to turn the video camera off - all you can see is the dirty foot well carpet but you can hear me swearing like a trooper trying to find reverse!

And the release for the petrol cap - in a logical place? - Nope, that would be too easy. When we had to fuel up we had a massive line of cars behind us and the garage owner trying to find it as well with me, but it turned out to be a small unlabelled button on the arm rest???

Looking back, we should never of took the car, but were eager to get out of the hotel for a break from all the screaming kids and lines of people waiting for a drink with plastic glasses...never going 'All Inclusive' again!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by richandpaula.

The worst thing you have ever driven?? 11 years 1 month ago #114398

I drove an old yugo once,what a pile of poop.
http://www.time.com/time/specials/2007/article/0,28804,1658545_1658533_1658529,00.html

The worst thing you have ever driven?? 11 years 1 month ago #114475

My work had an 80s v w caddy pick up.
I couldn't find a gear for love nor money.
Once when trying to find reverse whilst parked up to wall and only finding first, I had to get out and walk instead.
Another time I pulled out of a junction and lost all the power(not good).

The worst thing you have ever driven?? 11 years 1 month ago #114478

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Fiat Punto for me too. Was given it when serving in Italy. Was a bad car in ALL respects and had no redeeming features at all.

Even the radio was in foreign. :yesnod:

Last edit: Post by cjj.

The worst thing you have ever driven?? 11 years 1 month ago #114495

• birks
  • Loves going topless!!!
My Dad's old ERF was pretty awful...the gearbox(es) on that thing were a law unto themselves!
After that, the new Citroen C8 that we had as a hire car from Dover back up to home after the Italy trip last suummer was probably the worst thing I've driven for ages...big car, but no space inside due to poor design... and as for 'driving experience' there was none. Seriously, it has to be the most soul-less thing I've ever been in :nonod:

This girl doesn't mind getting her hands dirty !!! :lol:

The worst thing you have ever driven?? 11 years 1 month ago #114617

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
Where to begin: :-?

A Dacia Denem in Romania when I did charity work in the early 90's. a Renault 12 built badly under licence. Blue velour seats. :sick:
A RoMan diesel HGV 1 truck with a crash gearbox. And column change. Lucky us old folks can double declutch. An MAN truck built equally badly as the above, under licence. Location: as above.
A Trabant. Christ! Location: As above.

A Mahindra jeep in Kuwait. Our staff vehicle during post war power plant reparations on secondment from our wonderful power industry after Gulf War 1. The Yanks had air con Land Cruisers. Poor relations or what? Who restored power to Kuwait City first? Guess. Clue: they weren't American and enjoyed Yorkshire Pudding and warm beer.

Who knew wtf they were doing? Us. Who got world credit for mending everything? Clue: they chewed gum and knew about basketball and baseball. Or netball and rounders as our schoolgirls call it.

Not bitter after all these years, honest. :whistle:
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

The worst thing you have ever driven?? 11 years 1 month ago #114628

My worst is was at once time my favourite car It was an H reg (1970) Triumph 2000. It was the most comfy and lovely to drive car until... one evening I was coming home down the M1 when a huge bang form the rear end and no drive.

Terrible scraping noises etc as I coasted in to the hard shoulder (from the fast lane at 70ish).

Turns out the rear axle had left its mountings, the driveshaft parted, and the only reason it didnt fly out the back was the wheels staying in the wheel arches! The AA guy said I was very lucky as the driveshaft could have gone nuts and ripped up in to the cabin too! It was a right-off after that....

Second worst was my lovely Princess 2200 HLS that decided to shed a front wheel as I was turning a corner one day. The hub nut came undone and the design was so crappy the wheel just flew off!

Third worst - I STILL own - My Rangie P38 Michael. One day about 20 yards from home I lost ALL control of steering and careered towards the cars beside me. Managed to stop it and the steering cross memeber balljoint had snapped. I drove it home by DUCK TAPING the joint back together HAHAH - gotta love duck tape!

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT