Sign In   Register

Topic

Cat trouble!!! 11 years 1 month ago #113259

Thats a good solution Sherwood.
[IMG]ht[/img]

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Cat trouble!!! 11 years 1 month ago #113266

:P I normally get the trail of muddy footprints up the centre of the bonnet, followed by the pile of fur on the roof where he's slept off his epic climb up the bonnet, then he exits via the bootlid leaving more prints :pinch:
options are limited as he belongs to us

That's exactly the same route my cat takes if he gets himself stuck in the garage with the car!

Water guns/plant sprayers work if you catch the cat at it in action a few times, but a hood cover would stop the fur problem.

Short term solution to the fur is to put a rubber glove on and wipe the hood - you'd be amazed at how easy it removes the fur :broon: (Also helps removes loose fur from the cat if you stroke it while wearing a rubber glove :lol: )
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yellow Peril, onefastmoke

Cat trouble!!! 11 years 1 month ago #113268

problem i have is that every time the cat gets on it and i see it ... it shoots off as soon as the window or door opens, so can never catch the bloody thing

Freestyle and TF for Sale Mk1 work in progress, well it never stops does it lol

Cat trouble!!! 11 years 1 month ago #113272

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
Whilst not condoning animal cruelty, David's solutions would seem to be the most effective. :yesnod:
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Cat trouble!!! 11 years 1 month ago #113275

• bacchus
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Food, Photography & Little British Sports Cars
Time for a new pet, me thinks.

Alternatively you could try to stop the cats from lying on the hood of your car with recycled coffee grounds. If you are a coffee drinker you will find this is a cheap and useful method for repelling cats. In order to use the coffee ground effectively you would first allow the spent grounds to dry on a paper towel. When they are dry put them in an air tight container. Save the spent coffee grounds from every pot of coffee that you prepare. Create a barrier around your car by encircling it with the coffee grounds. This is a natural cat repellent that works. Reapply the coffee grounds daily to keep the scent potent.

Cat trouble!!! 11 years 1 month ago #113278

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
When my kids were young we had a cat called Edward. He would jump on the work top and drink hot coffee from your cup when you weren't looking. And he'd eat coffee grounds out of the machine. Living in our chaotic household full of 5 young kids at the time he was probably Deeply Disturbed. So I'm not convinced that cats hate coffee. :nonod:

Note: Edward was an abandoned kitten that we were given from an allotment holder: found in his shed.
His eyes were still shut and mean an' hard ole grumpy John sat up every night to feed him milk from an eye dropper. He used to sit on my shoe to travel around the house when a kitten. A real character. He lived to be 17. I used to come out of work at the power station 6 miles from home and find him sitting on the bonnet of the car, waiting for a lift home with me. The kids thought he should have a full name like them so he became
Edward D. Catt. Memories.

Sorry for rambling.
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..
The following user(s) said Thank You: birks, onefastmoke, Jimuth

Cat trouble!!! 11 years 1 month ago #113282

As a cat owner myself I can offer you an elegantly simple solution ....... cats will ALWAYS select the optimum seating position in any given environment .....

Put an open cardboard box near your car ( preferably where it gets maximum sunlight ) and I'll guarantee the cat will choose to sit there above anywhere else. :broon:
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: fast jan, birks, Smutmeister

Last edit: Post by mogatrons.

Cat trouble!!! 11 years 1 month ago #113315

As a cat owner myself I can offer you an elegantly simple solution ....... cats will ALWAYS select the optimum seating position in any given environment .....

Put an open cardboard box near your car ( preferably where it gets maximum sunlight ) and I'll guarantee the cat will choose to sit there above anywhere else. :broon:

that is so true :lol:
Keith
a hammer fixes all

Cat trouble!!! 11 years 1 month ago #113317

here's our cat Simba in a cat trap, he weighs well over a stone and sat in the smallest possible box :lol:

Keith
a hammer fixes all

Cat trouble!!! 11 years 1 month ago #113361

Must mention the cat trap to my mechanic, every time the car has been there it has a cat hair roof.

Would not mind so much but the wife is allergic to cats (hence why we have ferrets! They solve cat AND spider issues)

Cat trouble!!! 11 years 1 month ago #113419

Cat trouble!!! 11 years 1 month ago #113421

here's our cat Simba in a cat trap, he weighs well over a stone and sat in the smallest possible box :lol:

Some packing tape and a stamp and your problem is solved. :broon:

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT