Sign In   Register

Topic

A mass meet up.... 11 years 1 month ago #110712

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Is this "central" a northerners central or a southerners central?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Metcalfe

Please Log in to join the conversation.

A mass meet up.... 11 years 1 month ago #110714

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!
I think Barnsley is an excellent location central to everywhere

A mass meet up.... 11 years 1 month ago #110725

• John and Sue's Avatar Topic Author
  • John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
Early days yet, but we were toying with the Derbyshire Peak District. Not too far for Southerners, plenty of spray tan shops, nail salons and shandy distilleries en route and reasonable proximity to the North.

Camping: I've got a colostomy and a urostomy: Sue is a ginger midget granny with a dodgy knee. if we can do it for a night or two, anyone can! But plenty of guest houses too.

How about a July/August weekend?
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

A mass meet up.... 11 years 1 month ago #110727

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer

I think Barnsley is an excellent location central to everywhere

Very true.
Downside: it's a $hithole. ;)
:coat:
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..
The following user(s) said Thank You: bensewell, bandit

A mass meet up.... 11 years 1 month ago #110728

If you're talking the geographical centre of the UK this place : http://www.daleviewcaravanpark.co.uk/ is as near to it as makes little odds.

daleview amenities include accommodation and full services for static caravans, touring caravans and tents for those campers who enjoy camping ..... Static Caravans are available for Hire.

Of course, if you're talking the social centre, or the English centre, then those are two different locations altogether. ;) ..... but given that road trips may be part of the itineray :drive: then perhaps the geographical centre is where you should be looking afterall. :yesnod:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Metcalfe

A mass meet up.... 11 years 1 month ago #110729

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!
I'll go wherever John Barnsley is the London of the North

A mass meet up.... 11 years 1 month ago #110735

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer

If you're talking the geographical centre of the UK this place : http://www.daleviewcaravanpark.co.uk/ is as near to it as makes little odds.

daleview amenities include accommodation and full services for static caravans, touring caravans and tents for those campers who enjoy camping ..... Static Caravans are available for Hire.

Of course, if you're talking the social centre, or the English centre, then those are two different locations altogether. ;) ..... but given that road trips may be part of the itineray :drive: then perhaps the geographical centre is where you should be looking afterall. :yesnod:

I seem to recall that the English centre is Meriden near Coventry. Which is worse than Barnsley. Really.
I really am open to suggestions.....

A mass meet up.... 11 years 1 month ago #110739

Meriden is the centre of the UK and I wouldn't go calling it Coventry if I was you John !

It's pretty handy for us as its almost walking distance B)
"When faced with a choice of two evils, I always pick the one I haven't tried."

A mass meet up.... 11 years 1 month ago #110740

Please.
Let's not start this argument again. :nonod:
There are at least half a dozen places claiming to be the centre.
It all depends on what you include in the whole. Orkney? Harris and Lewis? Shetland? Rockall? Channel islands? etc. etc.
David
:shrug:

A mass meet up.... 11 years 1 month ago #110744

You'll notice I said 'as near to it as makes little odds ..' ..... and I said it for that very reason David. ;) :lol:

... anyhoo John, was it that kinda setup you were thinking about ? Camping for for the skinflints, and static caravans for the softies ... :P

A mass meet up.... 11 years 1 month ago #110745

You'll notice I said 'as near to it as makes little odds ..' ..... and I said it for that very reason David. ;) :lol:

... anyhoo John, was it that kinda setup you were thinking about ? Camping for for the skinflints, and static caravans for the softies ... :P

That would be a great idea rather than a campsite for some and a nearby hotel for others, it would help keep everyone roughly in the same bit but be a bit more homely if some prefer that :P .
not sure where in the country i'll be living come the summer but there is some nice places around the matlock area etc that is relatively central
Keith
a hammer fixes all

A mass meet up.... 11 years 1 month ago #110746

Why not make a listy thing of those who want to go along with their nearest city then google the miles between the furthest north peeps and furthest south peeps and drop a pin in the middle.................or not. :whistle:
"I smile cos I have no idea what's going on"

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT