Sign In   Register

Topic

whats your plans this weekend 11 years 1 month ago #111621

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!

So far wife n twin time then had 2hr tidying n garage now looks like this. Which is a massive result for me
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by bensewell.

whats your plans this weekend 11 years 1 month ago #111642

• Visitor
  • Visitor
well u did say u was goin to tidy it m8 and u have ,, bet u cant find anything now he he . well part from exhaust paste he he ...

whats your plans this weekend 11 years 1 month ago #111688

Well, I was going to clean the F, but then I remembered that a. It's bloomin freezing, and b. I'm going to the ace cafe tomorrow for the Southend Shakedown Motorbike Run :)

Still need to clean the F though, she looks gopping!
when your only tool is a hammer, all of your problems suddenly become nails.......

whats your plans this weekend 11 years 1 month ago #111690

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!
The silver bag at the back is the quad lights they are getting worked on soon (well this year is soon)

whats your plans this weekend 11 years 1 month ago #111748

Had a bit of an eBay result yesterday, managed to get:
2 x boot hinges
2 x complete rear light assemblies
2 x spare rear light covers ( not needed)
2 x complete front hub assemblies with virtually new discs and pads on
1 x near mint mesh windstop with fixings
£20 the lot :-)
Boot hinge fitted, only needed 1
1 rear light swapped over, solved the brake lights flashing opposite to the indicators problem
Windstop fitted
Brakes being done now too.
At this rate, it might even complete trip to Barcelona and back.
Splitter and exhaust fitted too !
Thanks to the "how to's" .... Again

Fantastic bargain!! :yesnod:

whats your plans this weekend 11 years 1 month ago #111762

• bacchus
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Food, Photography & Little British Sports Cars

Well today is the most boring day of the year, Good Friday ( shops are shut ).
Having spent all of Feb and part of March in the UK my little F has sat neglected in the carport. Today I reconnected the battery and she jumped into life. Went to the servo to fuel and check tyre pressures and could barely get out the drive suspension dropped.
So I have read up on the Suplex kit, do I or do I not, bearing in mind my little F gets used in club competition and hill climbs

PS Bacchus, Why aren't you at the NAT Meet

Because I'm totally skint at the moment...lol

whats your plans this weekend 11 years 1 month ago #111767

Thats the reason i'm not there. Just back from the UK and France so do not have the cash for two holidays in 10 weeks!

whats your plans this weekend 11 years 1 month ago #112042

• bacchus
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
Well apart from not attending Natmeet due to financial constraints, we had plans to go camping. The long and the short of it is that our camping trip lasted around 3 hours, we got there, set up and someone suggested volleyball before dinner. About 3 minutes into the game, my poor wife fell over trying to get the ball and broke her left arm just below the shoulder joint
:oops:.
We bundled her up and headed into the hospital A&E and went and picked up the caravan the next day. While the broken bone that was broken is the humorous, she did not find the circumstances even the tiniest bit funny. Not a happy camper, and we still have not managed to sleep in this bloody caravan yet.

Now I know why a said for years that I would not buy a caravan, it appears they are just boxes you tow around to increase fuel consumption and ensure that your trip takes twice as long.
:rant:

whats your plans this weekend 11 years 1 month ago #112083

Bacchus You need to watch the movie "Sightseers" before you take that van out again. Hope your wife gets better quick. Sounds like she is having a rough time.
[IMG]ht[/img]

whats your plans this weekend 11 years 1 month ago #112090

• bacchus
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer

Bacchus You need to watch the movie "Sightseers" before you take that van out again. Hope your wife gets better quick. Sounds like she is having a rough time.

Thanks Dave, hopefully it will all start to improve from here on in, after all I can't spend all my time looking after her, I have a couple of MG's to look after.......... :bust:

whats your plans this weekend 11 years 4 weeks ago #112260

After fitting £50 exhaust to car No2 on Friday, my brother came round yesterday with No1 car to fit his exhaust. 9am car on ramps. After 5 hrs of drilling, sawing grinding etc, the rusted bolts were finally all free and new exhaust (TT Mk7) was fitted in under 20 minutes. At this point I had to go out with the wife and kids to meet friends and left my brother tinkering with other bits on the car. At just after 7:30 he texted me this picture... Think he got a bit carried away with the tinkering

Fitting new wing and bumper, didn't get it back together until gone 11pm, just as I got home. Think it took slightly longer than he anticipated. :-)
Cars - Making me poor since 1989
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by tim-mgf.

whats your plans this weekend 11 years 4 weeks ago #112294

:bust: :woo2:
David
:shrug:

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT