Sign In   Register

Topic

Well... Flopsy is sick again! 14 years 3 months ago #8959

It doesn't sniff bad, and I've never noticed it sticking on hills...

£450?! I don't have £450?! Arrrggg!

I've got a friend that is going to try to look at it tomorrow if it stops raining. *fingers crossed*

where you from? i'll be down spanner in hand to save you money (as CJJ did for me!) replacing my clutch cost me: £82 for new clutch (not a re-con and its Quintin Hazel so its not rubbish) around £15 for replacement fluids... £3s worth of tea-bags

£100... saved £350 :D... oh and i chucked in a mike satur clutch release arm as well for good measure (about £30 iirc)
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Well... Flopsy is sick again! 14 years 3 months ago #8960

Take off engine cover, locate clutch slave cylinder and the arm, grease arm, operate clutch pedal in and out until it frees off. It's better if two people do this - one to pump the clutch, the other to watch the arm and grease as necessary.
I'm sure Clive will have a photo if you pm him.:yesnod:

What a bloody good idea!

Well... Flopsy is sick again! 14 years 3 months ago #8964

• alias's Avatar Topic Author
  • alias
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer

where you from? i'll be down spanner in hand to save you money (as CJJ did for me!) replacing my clutch cost me: £82 for new clutch (not a re-con and its Quintin Hazel so its not rubbish) around £15 for replacement fluids... £3s worth of tea-bags

£100... saved £350 :D... oh and i chucked in a mike satur clutch release arm as well for good measure (about £30 iirc)

I'm currently in Chelmsford, Essex. Is that miles from you? :grouphug:

I'll update you all after we have a look at her tomorrow. :yesnod:

Well... Flopsy is sick again! 14 years 3 months ago #8966

I used to have an office on a farm in Mountnessing! If its reasonable weather and you have a 10mm spanner getting the arm greased should not take you very long. About 15 mins or so to get the hood back up and get the engine cover off. Then it's however long it takes for the grease to work in. The good thing is it IS actually moving - just sticking a bit (hopefully).

Well... Flopsy is sick again! 14 years 3 months ago #8968

• alias
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer

I used to have an office on a farm in Mountnessing! If its reasonable weather and you have a 10mm spanner getting the arm greased should not take you very long. About 15 mins or so to get the hood back up and get the engine cover off. Then it's however long it takes for the grease to work in. The good thing is it IS actually moving - just sticking a bit (hopefully).

I'm having to ask someone to bring a spanner... My tools are about 90 miles away. I didn't plan this well! :whistle:

Well... Flopsy is sick again! 14 years 3 months ago #8971

I'm having to ask someone to bring a spanner... My tools are about 90 miles away. I didn't plan this well! :whistle:

Get yourself a boot bag off ebay (or if you have a local Lidl and are lucky its in stock from them for £3.99 like I did!) and then a cheapo tiny tool box from a £1 shop. Then keep a few essentials in that. Also gives enough room in the bag to keep a small emergency water bottle, screen wash concentrate etc...

Well... Flopsy is sick again! 14 years 3 months ago #9050

damm well I'm in Teesside (north east) so i think thats about 200miles away :(
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!

Well... Flopsy is sick again! 14 years 3 months ago #9057

• alias
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Why do people always live in the wrong place?!

Well... Flopsy is sick again! 14 years 3 months ago #9059

Why do people always live in the wrong place?!

exactly........ why dont you live up here????? :dunno:

Well... Flopsy is sick again! 14 years 3 months ago #9065

exactly........ why dont you live up here????? :dunno:

:yesnod: the north is much better :dc: mind you after my drive out i've come to the conclusion that the norths roads are not!

Moldy Roof 14 years 3 months ago #9072

• alias
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Well, she has been greased etc by a friend, and the clutch pedal seems to return properly.

I'm going to take her out for a test tomorrow and see how she goes.

Meanwhile... The inside of the roof has done a moldy... Obviously, I'm going to clean it off when it is light enough to see properly, and dry enough to fold it back.

How do I stop this happening? Do I need some sort of roof sealy-goo?

Well... Flopsy is sick again! 14 years 3 months ago #9137

Well, she has been greased etc by a friend, and the clutch pedal seems to return properly.

I'm going to take her out for a test tomorrow and see how she goes.

Meanwhile... The inside of the roof has done a moldy... Obviously, I'm going to clean it off when it is light enough to see properly, and dry enough to fold it back.

How do I stop this happening? Do I need some sort of roof sealy-goo?

i think i speak for everyone here when i say... 'Huh?'

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT