Which bit do I need to explain?! :dunno:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Well... Flopsy is sick again! 14 years 3 months ago #9326

• alias's Avatar Topic Author
  • alias
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Arrrggg! :mad:

I tested her again yesterday afternoon, hoping that the clutch wasn't going to feel funny again. The pedal had gone stiff again, and wouldn't return properly. :shake:

No problem I thought, and greased the cylindar again. :ill: No such luck. It didn't matter how much grease I used, the problem wouldn't go away. :gameover::slam:

At 5:20, I rang the AA, and explained the problem. I also said that I would need towing to the garage. Since I didn't have homestart, I had to pay £12 to add that on, and then a £39 surcharge as I needed to use it straight away. T******. :rant::argue:

I was then told the patrol would be with me by 6:40.

At 7:26, I rang them to ask where the damn patrol was. They said they were sorry that no-one had 'bothered' to update me, but someone would be 12-15 minutes.

At 7:55, I rang them again to ask what was going on. They then spoke to the driver, who said they were literally minutes away. Hmmm, we thought, but went out and had a cigarette to wait for them.

After finishing cigarettes, there was still no sign of the partol, so we went back inside.

At 8:30, someone finally showed up. We explained what we had tried so far, so he hopped in, put her in gear and said we're right, she is broken.

He then said he couldn't tow (even though I had explained that is what I would need), and rang someone to explain. I was told that I would get a call back within 30 minutes to arrange towing. :grumpy::cus:

An hour later, I rang them to ask what was going on this time. They said they couldn't tow her that night, but booked it in for this morning.

Ian then drove me back down to Hastings (90 miles from Chelmsford) so that I could get to work today... Getting to work isn't the easiest thing to do when you're walking two miles in the freezing cold and dark at 6:30 in the morning.

The AA came to collect Flopsy this morning, and she finally got to the garage at about 9:15. What a joke!

I'm now waiting for a full diagnosis and the cost! :tantrum:

Looks like I'll be doing a lot of walking this week! :cry::sad2:

Well... Flopsy is sick again! 14 years 3 months ago #9328

I hope it is not too severe, fingers crossed. It puts you off services when they are that bad at getting back to you, it is unlike the AA as I have been with them for years.
2000 MGF 1.8i SE Wedgewood
2002 MG ZS200 Trophy Blue
1999 Land Rover Discovery series 2 TD5

Well... Flopsy is sick again! 14 years 3 months ago #9332

• alias
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer

I hope it is not too severe, fingers crossed. It puts you off services when they are that bad at getting back to you, it is unlike the AA as I have been with them for years.

I've been with them since 2006, and this is the second time they have been useless. The first was just that their mechanic was a complete ass - The gearstick went very wobly on my Puma, and he tried to tell me that it was normal, but I 'should' get it checked out. Ended up needing a complete rebuild of the gearbox!

Well... Flopsy is sick again! 14 years 3 months ago #9370

• Visitor
  • Visitor
If you had that much trouble from the AA I would ring and complain. Plus as they did not tow your car till the next morning could you not get some of you money back. Good luck with the car and may the MG gods smile on you and your car so that it only cost a little to fix her.

Well... Flopsy is sick again! 14 years 3 months ago #9372

• alias
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer

If you had that much trouble from the AA I would ring and complain. Plus as they did not tow your car till the next morning could you not get some of you money back. Good luck with the car and may the MG gods smile on you and your car so that it only cost a little to fix her.

I think the Gods did a frown... Clutch has gone, so she is in the garage until the middle of next week waiting to be fixed. £450?! And I'll be walking to work until then... :banghead2::banghead::grumpy:

I've written a complaint to the AA, so I'll see what they come back with. Bah!

Well... Flopsy is sick again! 14 years 3 months ago #9383

I think the Gods did a frown... Clutch has gone, so she is in the garage until the middle of next week waiting to be fixed. £450?! And I'll be walking to work until then... :banghead2::banghead::grumpy:

I've written a complaint to the AA, so I'll see what they come back with. Bah!

you should get a refund of the enxtra costs incurred at least for that abysmal service :( wish you were a bit further north hun would of loved to save u pennies!

x
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Well... Flopsy is sick again! 14 years 3 months ago #9390

• alias
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer

you should get a refund of the enxtra costs incurred at least for that abysmal service :( wish you were a bit further north hun would of loved to save u pennies!

x

Thank you for the thought :grouphug:

I'm just so ****ed about it. I was also supposed to be moving on the 1st April, and I'm having to push that back by a month. :shake:

Well... Flopsy is sick again! 14 years 3 months ago #9397

What garage is it at? £450 seems high for a clutch replacement

Well... Flopsy is sick again! 14 years 3 months ago #9398

Depends if they decide to drop the subframe out to do it or whether they do it in place. Being a garage they will go the easier route and drop it out to saze them hassle working in a tight space.

Sorry to hear Flopsy's causing you so much trouble Soph, hope she's making you smile again soon :grouphug:

Well... Flopsy is sick again! 14 years 3 months ago #9402

• alias
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer

British Legends in Southend. Steve (the owner) has always been great in the past - Work has been very reasonable, and he has always chucked something in for free. If you did the ACR last Feb, he was the one in the Maestro van that joined in!

Depends if they decide to drop the subframe out to do it or whether they do it in place. Being a garage they will go the easier route and drop it out to saze them hassle working in a tight space.

Sorry to hear Flopsy's causing you so much trouble Soph, hope she's making you smile again soon :grouphug:

Thank you. :grouphug: I hope she makes me smile again soon as well. I've had enough again really, but I'd make such a loss if I sold her. I just calculated that including buying her, I've spent £3900... I only got her in July... :mad:

Can someone cast some sort of magical-keep-Flopsy-fixed-for-longer-than-a-month spell for me please?

Well... Flopsy is sick again! 14 years 3 months ago #9403

Sorry to read that Flopsie's broken again

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT