Sign In   Register

Topic

Been meaning to start this topic for ages: Engine conversion 14 years 3 months ago #8729

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
If it's running lean then air isn't a problem. More like the injectors or fuel pump. :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Been meaning to start this topic for ages: Engine conversion 14 years 3 months ago #8732

If it's running lean then air isn't a problem. More like the injectors or fuel pump. :)

thats what i thought but he said he was over fueling? im conffudled now :err:
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Been meaning to start this topic for ages: Engine conversion 14 years 3 months ago #8927

thats what i thought but he said he was over fueling? im conffudled now :err:

Definately fuel pump, needs to talk to Mr Bosch aand get the fuel pressure up,but new injectors and opening the ports out would pay big dividends. Would enable running the top end map with a fair bit in hand.
Chris

Been meaning to start this topic for ages: Engine conversion 14 years 3 months ago #8951

Definately fuel pump, needs to talk to Mr Bosch aand get the fuel pressure up,but new injectors and opening the ports out would pay big dividends. Would enable running the top end map with a fair bit in hand.
Chris

Ah i understand now... he's struggling to run 240 bhp because the fuel pump cant keep up? I always figured the MG fuel pump wouldn't be capable of fueling anything much past 200bhp anyway (why would it need to?)

As far as i can tell Chris Figos happy with 222bhp anyway... lets face it thats very impressive in a TF anyway and not everyone is as mad as you and me!

I'm looking forward to getting in your workshop i have about a million questions now :hehe: It's one fantastic and equally frustrating bits about learning all this is that the more i learn the more i realize i have yet to learn :confused: if that makes sense lol

edit: just been on the phone to Chris, what fuel pump are you running Figo? and what injectors
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT