Sign In   Register

Topic

Been meaning to start this topic for ages: Engine conversion 14 years 3 months ago #8538

Hi Steve, hows things?
Isn't the VR6 a big old cast iron lump though? I know in VAG circles its not looked on too favourably by people looking to transplant.
G60s all round IMO :yesnod:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Been meaning to start this topic for ages: Engine conversion 14 years 3 months ago #8540

HI,Adam/Andy.

Just had a Polish lad buy some parts,he's taking his TF back to Poland,currently a 135.

Talking about putting a Vr6 in the future.Has made some really nice looking led rear lights,will post pics when I get them.

What about a VR 6 engine?

Steve

sorry for the noobishnes but whats a vr6? :err: lol

will look forward to the pics mate :) poland is a long way to come mind!
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Been meaning to start this topic for ages: Engine conversion 14 years 3 months ago #8541

VWs V6 engine as fitted to some Golfs and maybe more models? Called a Golf VR6. :)

Been meaning to start this topic for ages: Engine conversion 14 years 3 months ago #8543

VWs V6 engine as fitted to some Golfs and maybe more models? Called a Golf VR6. :)

gotya, as in the R32?
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!

Been meaning to start this topic for ages: Engine conversion 14 years 3 months ago #8545

Pretty much so yes, the VR6 golf is a 2.8, the R32 is a new 3.2 version, although the engine is still strictly a VR6 too.

Been meaning to start this topic for ages: Engine conversion 14 years 3 months ago #8549

Pretty much so yes, the VR6 golf is a 2.8, the R32 is a new 3.2 version, although the engine is still strictly a VR6 too.

250ish bhp i believe, not bad but i can't see a V6 fitting without extensive cutting into bodywork and i'd rather avoid that lol, hope he manages it though!

Been meaning to start this topic for ages: Engine conversion 14 years 3 months ago #8553

Aye, sounds like a proper project that

Been meaning to start this topic for ages: Engine conversion 14 years 3 months ago #8556

Aye, sounds like a proper project that

true but mate the bhp, with the revvyness of a V6 and the oodles of torque and you have something.... interesting lol

Been meaning to start this topic for ages: Engine conversion 14 years 3 months ago #8701

• figo
  • Journeyman MGer
  • Journeyman MGer
  • Going Topless
Evening folks...

Correct Adam I currently have two maps setup for the car. I wanted a car that is not totally mad... which a 225 bhp MGTF is anyway... but the 240Bhp map with my current intake, injectors and other bits and bits would be pushing the power all upto the top end.. also running it a good bit hotter and with more stress than the 225 map (Bearing in mind my current intake setup is probably not upto the Exhuast)

The lower Bhp give me the fast car anyway as it is a lot more usable. while chasing figures at high RPMs are good fun its the hefty increase in torque (160lbft) matched with a good horsepower figure that makes the better car.

Like has been said about the ZT Diesel a few posts back.. (i have one too albeit without the Ron Box) its the pulling power that makes the horsepower usable.

If you wanted to go down the VTEC POWER route... it must be said a Jackson Supercharger would fit.....

Just a though... on a near standard engine thats over 300Bhp and shed load of torques...

MG TF 135 135 Bhp

Been meaning to start this topic for ages: Engine conversion 14 years 3 months ago #8721

Evening folks...

Correct Adam I currently have two maps setup for the car. I wanted a car that is not totally mad... which a 225 bhp MGTF is anyway... but the 240Bhp map with my current intake, injectors and other bits and bits would be pushing the power all upto the top end.. also running it a good bit hotter and with more stress than the 225 map (Bearing in mind my current intake setup is probably not upto the Exhuast)

The lower Bhp give me the fast car anyway as it is a lot more usable. while chasing figures at high RPMs are good fun its the hefty increase in torque (160lbft) matched with a good horsepower figure that makes the better car.

Like has been said about the ZT Diesel a few posts back.. (i have one too albeit without the Ron Box) its the pulling power that makes the horsepower usable.

If you wanted to go down the VTEC POWER route... it must be said a Jackson Supercharger would fit.....

Just a though... on a near standard engine thats over 300Bhp and shed load of torques...

about bleeding time the man of the hour showed up :P lol

im avoiding the forced induction rout because of the problem of intercoolers and such mate... will probs go down that route once the car is "finished" and i need a new challenge lol but thats 4 years off at least!

when you say the 244 map was running you a good bit hotter, are you having cooling issues at the moment?

from what i read 240 should be fairly easy and if the exhaust side is sorted (as yours is from your past threads i believe) then the induction side is fairly easy to sort

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=22185

thats where i'm getting most of my info from ^

i'm assuming then your engine has had no internal work?

it looks like i have an engine sorted (no details until i have it in my possession though ;) :P) there is such a thing as tempting fate

so my immediate plans will then be to buy a new rear subframe to begin the build on and to find someone to reinforce weld Bucephalus' shell

Been meaning to start this topic for ages: Engine conversion 14 years 3 months ago #8722

• figo
  • Journeyman MGer
  • Journeyman MGer
  • Going Topless
nah nah no cooling issues. I mean a real easy way to get high horses outa the K20 is force the air through.. at the moment Id be running a tad lean on the 240map meaning internal temps soar... = no good. 225 is a good compromise on the totally standard I feel :)
MG TF 135 135 Bhp

Been meaning to start this topic for ages: Engine conversion 14 years 3 months ago #8728

nah nah no cooling issues. I mean a real easy way to get high horses outa the K20 is force the air through.. at the moment Id be running a tad lean on the 240map meaning internal temps soar... = no good. 225 is a good compromise on the totally standard I feel :)

ahh i see... so you have a standard throttle body? hence not enough air to run 240?

my plan WAS to run a standard K20a with bigger TB... nicking your manifold design and enclosed cone for around 240... then once i get bored of that going for TODA cams (possibly Killer cams which remove the V-TEC essentially running it on a fast cam all the time... all though i don't think the fuel economy would be good! this would be good for 270 on 'standard' TODAs or around (i think) 290 from Killer cams

however i may have a 320 Naturally aspirated V-TEC engine soon ;) will say no more until i find out more tomorrow

did u read my post about msn mate?

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT