Sign In   Register

Topic

MGF/TF - your only car? 14 years 4 months ago #6769

• kara's Avatar Topic Author
  • kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer
I thought out of pure interest that I'd just ask everyone if your F/TF is your only car?

If not, then what else do you own and which is your main car? :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MGF/TF - your only car? 14 years 4 months ago #6770

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
I'd say our main mile muncher is our Renault Kangoo van on a 55 plate.

In second place is the 08 Ford Focus ST

With the TF bringing up the rear.

Although the KTM bike hasn't moved out of the garage this year, but that isn't a car.

MGF/TF - your only car? 14 years 4 months ago #6771

• gos
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • X Black Beauty X
yep, TF is my only car, Deb drives a rover 25

MGF/TF - your only car? 14 years 4 months ago #6772

• Visitor
  • Visitor
My tf is our only car. Impractical but very fast and fun. I just wish the other half liked the car as much as me.

MGF/TF - your only car? 14 years 4 months ago #6774

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Other car is a Honda Accord 2.0 SE exec. I know all about the smoking pipe rack that comes with it and the slipper warmer but I have found it an awesome car. Comfy, safe and relatively quick. I was going to sell it when I got the MGF on the road but with 130K miles on it there were few (none) interested buyers. So I have put it back on the road and the MG off to get some work done to the little softietop, will try to sell the Accord, again, in the Spring. My OH has got a Meriva - super practical, I love it and I also have the Honda 750 Africa Twin (Mo'sicle).....Hardly rode it at all last year due to the MG being sooooo much easier to jump into and have stonking fun in!

MGF/TF - your only car? 14 years 4 months ago #6777

we also have 57 plate ford galaxy, one extreme to the other :p

both get used equally, just really depends on what we're doing at the time

BUT......... we never go for a drive in the galaxy just for the fun of it!!!!

MGF/TF - your only car? 14 years 4 months ago #6779

A company provided Astra 1.7 turbo diesel van is my main daily transport with my old but fantastic Mercedes CLK being the family / weekend car. Had it just over two years now & this month has seen the first problem with it. ABS / BAS light has come on? From what I have read it probably means a new ABS speed sensor but need to plug it into diagnostics to find out which corner.

The little un is my toy that is SORN till the spring, missing driving it like mad though! Thinking of getting a new plate for when she comes out in spring to match the Merc either L44WCK or L40WCK (my surname is LAWCOCK) which do ya fink?

MGF/TF - your only car? 14 years 4 months ago #6781

The wife drives a Rover 25 automatic on a X plate

MGF/TF - your only car? 14 years 4 months ago #6783

• kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer
Hmm... seems a fair amount of you own a second car as well. Would you say this is because of reliability issues or space issues?

I'm just pondering the idea if we get these jobs of getting a more reliable car for getting to & from work. I'm torn at the moment between getting a R200 or a ZR, or ZT. :dunno:

MGF/TF - your only car? 14 years 4 months ago #6784

Hmm... seems a fair amount of you own a second car as well. Would you say this is because of reliability issues or space issues?

I'm just pondering the idea if we get these jobs of getting a more reliable car for getting to & from work. I'm torn at the moment between getting a R200 or a ZR, or ZT. :dunno:

I need the Merc for the 4 seats & big boot.
Out of the R200, ZR & ZT I would personally consider the ZT with all the goodies it has, especially with the BMW 2.0 Diesel engine. It does have a bit of presence / class too.

MGF/TF - your only car? 14 years 4 months ago #6785

• kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer

I need the Merc for the 4 seats & big boot.
Out of the R200, ZR & ZT I would personally consider the ZT with all the goodies it has, especially with the BMW 2.0 Diesel engine. It does have a bit of presence / class too.

The ZT is my fav in terms of style & features but then seems like you can have more fun modding the ZS/ZR so I guess it depends on what I want more. A R200 is good because it's basically a cheap little run around. I just can't decide! I'm so confused! :confused: :lol: The only thing I know is that I want to keep it in the MGR family! I suppose that narrows it down at least!

MGF/TF - your only car? 14 years 4 months ago #6786

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

Well the ST is Annes car so that she can go to work (quickly).

The Kangoo is for the pup. We bought the van when we bought Merle to save getting the cars dirty, but I would recomend a cheeky little kangoo to anyone. Drives like a car but can handle loads of stuff, including F/TF body parts and engines etc.

If it was down to 1 car it would probably be the TF, but practicallity says that will never happen.

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT