Sign In   Register

Topic

MGF/TF - your only car? 14 years 4 months ago #6791

My daily drive is my F, but Karen also has a Peugot 106 Independence as well...
2003 MGTF Monogram Edition. Celestial Blue, Black Leather.No. 19 of 99 Built 11 Spoke Alloys. AP brakes.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MGF/TF - your only car? 14 years 4 months ago #6794

Blue Belle is my one and only car :)

MGF/TF - your only car? 14 years 4 months ago #6797

My MGF was purchased as a runaround, following us buying a Mazda Bongo small Campervan. That's so heavy on fuel that I couldn't justify using on a daily basis.

I also had a Yamaha FZ6 bike but that was sold to fund the 'F' purchase as I could use that everyday even when it rains!
Older but certainly not wiser!

MGF/TF - your only car? 14 years 4 months ago #6800

• Visitor
  • Visitor
The MGF is the second car here, but I have to say I think I will use it more than I first thought. :) Main car is the very practical Suzuki Swift. An excellent little car considering the purchase price. I also have a Suzuki SV650s bike for a little bit of speed and fun but I feel that the MG may well take it's place in my heart. As you can see I like a little variety! :bye:

MGF/TF - your only car? 14 years 4 months ago #6801

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

The MGF is the second car here, but I have to say I think I will use it more than I first thought. :) Main car is the very practical Suzuki Swift. An excellent little car considering the purchase price. I also have a Suzuki SV650s bike for a little bit of speed and fun but I feel that the MG may well take it's place in my heart. As you can see I like a little variety! :bye:

So far my TF has absorbed 2 of my motorbikes and the KTM is now looking a little nervous, but I have promised her she is safe. :)

MGF/TF - your only car? 14 years 4 months ago #6805

• Visitor
  • Visitor
I've also got a mountain bike.............not sure if that counts.:dunno:

MGF/TF - your only car? 14 years 4 months ago #6808

• Visitor
  • Visitor

I've also got a mountain bike.............not sure if that counts.:dunno:

:lol:...........

MGF/TF - your only car? 14 years 4 months ago #6858

My daily runner is a focus, I've had it for nearly 3 years and its never... ever gone wrong mechanically. I would definately recommend it as a companion for an F/TF. Although the F does seem to get better MPG!

MGF/TF - your only car? 14 years 4 months ago #6860

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

My daily runner is a focus, I've had it for nearly 3 years and its never... ever gone wrong mechanically. I would definately recommend it as a companion for an F/TF. Although the F does seem to get better MPG!

Couldn't agree more. Although my Focus seems to get less than 28mpg for some reason. :)

MGF/TF - your only car? 14 years 4 months ago #6865

• kara's Avatar Topic Author
  • kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer

You know for the manager of Halfords that Ford does not nearly have enough bling on it! :p

MGF/TF - your only car? 14 years 4 months ago #6898

Hmm... seems a fair amount of you own a second car as well. Would you say this is because of reliability issues or space issues?

I'm just pondering the idea if we get these jobs of getting a more reliable car for getting to & from work. I'm torn at the moment between getting a R200 or a ZR, or ZT. :dunno:

I have always liked the ZR and seriously considered getting one when they first came out. I like the ZT as well, bigger car though if you need the space. Then there is the ZS - I love the face lift model especially the 180 with the V6 engine and that fab bodykit.

I use the TF as my main car and my wife has a 2005 Freelander TD4 (same engine as in the diesel ZT) so we tend to use that for family runs when the kids are with us - and its great in this bad weather.

I still have the MGF that I used as my main car for almost 2 and a half years, now 10 years old with over 100k on the clock but very reliable. I hope to get it back on the road this summer:)
MG TF LE500 27 of 500

MGF/TF - your only car? 14 years 4 months ago #6903

• bacchus
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Food, Photography & Little British Sports Cars
The F is not our only car but it is my main car which I drive daily, I also have a 1969 MGB Roadster which I am restoring, very very slowly and Kelli has a 2007 Nissan X-trail which she drives everyday

Craig

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT