Sign In   Register

Topic

Re: Xenon Conversion discussion. 11 years 9 months ago #59535

Yeah I even bought the same bulbs from the eBay seller, it's such an easy car to work on, in the week and a half I've owned it I have changed the stereo, fitted a sub behind the passenger seat, changed the badges and the lights.......hmmmmmm what to do next, I really want bigger wheels but the ride is horrendous even on the15s so I might have to give that a miss unless there are some softer springs available
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oistein

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Xenon Conversion discussion. 11 years 9 months ago #59537

hmmmmmm what to do next

Take some pics for us? Pretty please. :P

You should check Clives' (CJJ) guides for springs info.

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.

Xenon Conversion discussion. 11 years 6 months ago #79821

• M055Y
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
  • The one who always wears his united shirts

I do alot of night time driving due to shift work and must admit since fitting my HID's night time driving is miles better.

| 2002 MGTF135 in Skyline White | 16" 11 spoke alloy wheels in gloss black | LE500 front bumper | AP Brakes | BAS Hood | Mike Satur Black Roll Hoops and glass windbreak | Longlife cat back exhaust system | ZnF tweaked | Piano Black detailing |
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Re: Xenon Conversion discussion. 11 years 6 months ago #79851

Hi All, I seem to remember reading this when I looked at a set for my 300Discovery a couple of years ago,
http://hid.moonfruit.com/#/goverment/4529652030

I staid clear after reading the same thing on more than one website and forum, just my thoughts...
"If it all seems under control, you're just not going fast enough!" Mario Andretti

Re: Xenon Conversion discussion. 11 years 6 months ago #79854

Scaremonger! Free your eyes from the blindness you're made to suffer through government doctrine. Wake up and view the real world in all it's dazzling glory. Hallelujah! I was blind and now I can see. Praise the lord! Praise the xenons!

Alternatively, don't do it. :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: bensewell

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.

Re: Xenon Conversion discussion. 11 years 6 months ago #79856

I just put Xenons in made a big difference, and none of the HID wiring or vaguaries of legality (my MOT tester said its an automatic fail) Just my opinion, though they are damned sexy... (had an Isuzu with them in as OE and they were fantastic.)
"If it all seems under control, you're just not going fast enough!" Mario Andretti

Re: Xenon Conversion discussion. 11 years 6 months ago #79864

Yes, it's a marmite thing and definately a big argument for those for and against. Swapping headlight bulbs for the mot takes no more than 3 minutes. The xenons are just bulbs after all. The ballasts can be left in place. ;)

Re: Xenon Conversion discussion. 11 years 6 months ago #79868

We keep hearing that Mot testers will fail them but it simply is not true at the moment if you were failed and you challenged it under the existing legislation you would win, as to there legality tha'ts another issue altogether they may be illegal but there is zero or minimal enforcement at the moment
Link to confirm they will pass Mot
http://mottesters.co.uk/files/special%20notices/MOT%20Inspection%20Manual.pdf
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Re: Xenon Conversion discussion. 11 years 6 months ago #79869

Vehicles equipped with High Intensity Discharge (HID) or LED dipped beam headlamps may be fitted with headlamp washers and a suspension or headlamp self levelling system.

Where such systems are fitted, they must work; however, it is accepted that it may not be possible to readily determine the functioning of self levelling systems. In such cases, the benefit of the doubt must be given.

Re: Xenon Conversion discussion. 11 years 6 months ago #80268

After having them on MG ZT for many years i love them but wont put them on mgf until i can afford a decent set of ballast resistors cheap one from china not worth the risk of car going up in a ball of flames

Had a set that cost £30 fitted to my ROVER 25 for 6 years now, never failed, no noises and very well made and that came from China, the 'made by 6 year olds' comment was way off track, the dealer I use has an upto date factory that employs 130 people and they make HID kits and LED bulbs, been getting my stuff from them for years, they sorted me a Projector Headlight kit for my MGF but they sold there tooling on about 2 years ago so they don't produce them anymore. ;)

I upgraded my HID bulbs in the 25 to 4300k last year, pure white light like the projector kit I fitted in the MGF, best colour definition, any higher and the less you see.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, groovylee

Xenon Conversion discussion. 11 years 1 month ago #106143

'Now then, now then guys n gals'.. oops wrong forum. :lol:

As a qualified technotard I'd like to mention that the inexpensive Chinese tack xenons HID headlights, I fitted myself for less than 30 quid, are still working well and have got me through the dark winter morns and eves being able to see the road ahead. Phew. :P

And probably just as important is that other road users could see me without, contrary to popular folklore, having their eyeballs fried and being blinded for all eternity. :wave:

So, if any of you were ever in doubt. It's a 'Yes' from me. :broon:
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentJohn, mandymay1971

Xenon Conversion discussion. 11 years 1 week ago #114964

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT