Sign In   Register

Topic

Re: Xenon Conversion discussion. 11 years 9 months ago #59431

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

I'd say they're at least two to three times better than the originals. They're 4300k and have a slight yellow tint to them, which makes them look almost like the original lights (many brand new cars use 4300k). I've read that they become 'whiter' after approx 100 hours of use. So, I'll be back to let you know (if they last that long) ;)

Interestingly, that beam pattern looks as though it has changed looking at the road in front of the car.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping. Reason: updated video inserted.

Re: Xenon Conversion discussion. 11 years 9 months ago #59436

I fitted a 6000k kit to my car yesterday, I will post a picture for comparison to the 4300k bulbs fitted here, I have had mine fitted to various cars over the last couple of years and had no issues with mot or annoying other drivers....I will see how it goes in the tf
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Re: Xenon Conversion discussion. 11 years 9 months ago #59437

They look dazzling at night, but the video was shot from the perspective of someone standing, not from the eyeline of a fellow TF driver.

Yes, many 'hids' can be quite dazzling. However, filming headlights tends to diffuse the beam without a proper camera lens filter. So, the video is quite deceptive. To that end, there'd be no real point filming from a lower perspective.

I did test them further by driving around for a couple of hours after midnight last night and nobody flashed their lights at me for dazzling them. Not even on pitch black country roads. So, initially it appears that they're not overly bright. Just considerably brighter than the oem bulbs.

Interestingly, that beam pattern looks as though it has changed looking at the road in front of the car.

I've had to adjust the lighting using the youtube built in video enhancements. Otherwise the original lights are just too dim to see at all. Consequently, it's also amplified the xenon beam pattern on the road too. Quite possibly it may have changed. But I won't know for sure until my mot, next July. :)

In summary - They're quite a cheap but apparrently effective mod. They were a doddle to fit. They light the road pretty well. They don't appear to bother anyone coming in the opposite direction (although, I'm not sure if I passed a TF yet, due to it being very dark). They may or may not last long. They're 35w 4300k and don't seem to be having any more impact on the cars system than the ordinary bulbs. So far, deep breath, fingers crossed, so good. :lol:

Re: Xenon Conversion discussion. 11 years 9 months ago #59458

It looks to me that the headlamps are set pretty low, judging by where the full beam illuminates. Have they been properly adjusted recently?
David
:shrug:

Re: Xenon Conversion discussion. 11 years 9 months ago #59460

I've always had them set to the lowest setting on the dial. Primarily because the other lights were so bad that setting it further up the road just made the light wash out and virtually disappear.

Re: Xenon Conversion discussion. 11 years 9 months ago #59461

Does the Tf have driver adjustable headlights then?
David
:shrug:

Re: Xenon Conversion discussion. 11 years 9 months ago #59464

Does the Tf have driver adjustable headlights then?

Yessiree :)

EDIT - Oops no sir. My mistake, I was thinking of the dash illuminator. Sorry. :oops:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.

Re: Xenon Conversion discussion. 11 years 9 months ago #59467

Mine fitted with 6000k bulbs, not much different to the 4300k really.

Attachments:

Re: Xenon Conversion discussion. 11 years 9 months ago #59471

Hold on a sec while I put my sunglasses on and I'll have a look. :lol:

The lifespan of an average xenon light bulb is between 6,000 and 20,000 hours. The light they give off is closer to natural daylight than halogen or incandescent bulbs. They use less power to maintain a high power light.
Attachments:

Re: Xenon Conversion discussion. 11 years 9 months ago #59516

Hi all

Can anyone tell me if I need two set for the MGF?
I bought two set to day, but as I am on holiday I can't fitt them before next Sunday.

The set I bought was H1 8K.

Re: Xenon Conversion discussion. 11 years 9 months ago #59531

Bulb List - Bulb locations and types.

H1 for both the main and dipped beams on the MGF. So, yes you're correct Oistein. :broon:

Usually, people are happy just replacing the main beam headlights. With two, you will just have to place more ballasts and wires safely. It's going to be very bright in Norway real soon I think. :lol:

Oh, and don't forget the 'before and after' pics please Oi. I've never seen them on an F before. I'm sure we would all like to have a good look. :broon:

8000k is quite blue in colour.

Re: Xenon Conversion discussion. 11 years 9 months ago #59534

Mine fitted with 6000k bulbs, not much different to the 4300k really.

Nice pic there. I see that you've upgraded your sidelights as well. :yesnod:

Just out of interest, did you use this guide for them? - Sidelight Bulb Changing Guide - MGTF Sidelight change and upgrade guide.

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT