Sign In   Register

Topic

Re: H7 4300K HID SUPER MINI BALLAST Xenon Conversion. 11 years 9 months ago #58547

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
:nofight:

You really don't need me to tell you what you already know.

What I will say though is £30 sounds very cheap. That would worry me more than the legalities.

HIDs produce many thousands of volts to strike the lamps. Badly made units can interfere with other systems (noise/crosstalk), be lethal, or melt surrounding plastics and cables leading to a fire.

Many people don't realise the engineering and technology that go into the ballasts on these units and £30 smacks of 6 year old Chinese workers. Please be careful.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: H7 4300K HID SUPER MINI BALLAST Xenon Conversion. 11 years 9 months ago #58549

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!
Maybe a WANTED two headlamps and wiring loom

Re: H7 4300K HID SUPER MINI BALLAST Xenon Conversion. 11 years 9 months ago #58770

HIDs produce many thousands of volts to strike the lamps. Badly made units can interfere with other systems (noise/crosstalk), be lethal, or melt surrounding plastics and cables leading to a fire.

I survived the lakes run. Nothing can scare me now Clive. :P

Oh well, there's one way to find out if you're right.. Here we go...

Attachment 3a.JPG not found

Attachment 6.JPG not found

Attachment 7.JPG not found

Make sure the brown return wire goes towards the bottom when you fit it.

I'll take more pics when darkness falls. However, I let the car run for over an hour and nothing was more than luke warm to the touch. The old halogen bulbs that I replaced were very hot though and they had only been on for a minute or so.

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.

Re: H7 4300K HID SUPER MINI BALLAST Xenon Conversion. 11 years 9 months ago #58809

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.

If there blinders I'll swap ya for a luxury item from the f

F's don't have any do they? :dry:

Actually, yes. The carpets are classed as a luxury item..... B)
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Re: Xenon Conversion discussion. 11 years 9 months ago #58822

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
My contribution to the HDI debate: 'kin HATE them. From both sides of the steering wheel. Spawn of Satan etc etc.
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..
The following user(s) said Thank You: bensewell

Re: Xenon Conversion discussion. 11 years 9 months ago #58826

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer

My contribution to the HDI debate: 'kin HATE them. From both sides of the steering wheel. Spawn of Satan etc etc.

Devoted to get some now.....

:woohoo:

Re: Xenon Conversion discussion. 11 years 9 months ago #58829

After having them on MG ZT for many years i love them but wont put them on mgf until i can afford a decent set of ballast resistors cheap one from china not worth the risk of car going up in a ball of flames

Re: Xenon Conversion discussion. 11 years 9 months ago #58835

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
I'd be interested in what the diff is between these and expensive light bulbs ?

Re: Xenon Conversion discussion. 11 years 9 months ago #58838

i would say look on you tube and see the difference but a lot of new cars have them now

Re: Xenon Conversion discussion. 11 years 9 months ago #58847

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer

Devoted to get some now.....

:woohoo:

Harsh. Just be prepared to be flashed by oncoming traffic that is convinced you are on high beam whether you are or not. Also BMW owners love these lights. Nuff said.

Re: Xenon Conversion discussion. 11 years 9 months ago #58852

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
I call it character building get our own back

Re: H7 4300K HID SUPER MINI BALLAST Xenon Conversion. 11 years 9 months ago #58898

Many people don't realise the engineering and technology that go into the ballasts on these units and £30 smacks of 6 year old Chinese workers. Please be careful.

Hello,
One of the ballasts on this item is audibly squealing. One is working fine, the other lights and extinguishes. I have swapped them around and the same thing occurs. They are connected appropriately. So, it appears that one of them has a fault. I would therefore like to change them for a working pair please. Could you please send me a returns number and any other details that I require to do this.

Regards
Leigh

Hi
I'm very sorry but I don't know what could be the problem.We have sold many of these for various cars and everything works fine. It is possible that this is a kind of manufacture fault. I would like to ask you to send it back to:
(Address)... enclose your ebay User ID and your email address. As soon I receive it I will test it and will replace it or refund your money. Once again please accept my apology for any inconvenience caused.

Regards
Sebastian

Clives' predictions are looking good so far. :P Never trust a ballast that spells 'CAUTION' as 'CAUSION'. :)

Anyway, keeping it real, you can see I had a 'squealer' that lasted ok for an hour and then died just as I was about to test it in the dark. So, giving them the benefit of the doubt, I have asked for a return. Putting the old bulbs back in took only one minute and they lit up immediately. It's a good job that I did keep them safe and handy in the car eh. ;)

Ever the optimist, I'll report back once round two begins with the new set. :oops:

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT