Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Low Larm 12 years 5 months ago #30859

I was told about this Low Larm at work by a Rebuild Midget fan as a warning for low Cooling water level but have not been able to find a reference to it anywhere on the Web
I was just wondering if anyone here had heard of it
If not I shall get more info off him when I get back to work and Share with ya all
If ya know it to be no good Please let me know :-)

Regards Looneygoon
Black beauty owner

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Low Larm 12 years 5 months ago #30862

I was told about this Low Larm at work by a Rebuild Midget fan as a warning for low Cooling water level but have not been able to find a reference to it anywhere on the Web
If not I shall get more info off him when I get back to work and Share with ya all

Regards Looneygoon
Black beauty owner

Brown and Gammons sell the MGR one, there is also another DIY one.
I made my own. See here
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Looneygoon

Re: Low Larm 12 years 5 months ago #30865

I have seen threads on the Lo-Larm on, ahem...dot-org
That said, I have the B&G unit and it works flawlessly, and is very easy to install.

Re: Low Larm 12 years 5 months ago #30869

Regards Looneygoon
Black beauty owner

The LOLARM is made by Andy Capy who writes in Enjoying MG the MGOC monthly magazine, cost is £65.50 and takes about two hours to fit (despite what he says, i know trained mechanics that have taken that long) the website is www.lolarm.co.uk ~ have heard of many problems of false readings or none at all (instant HGF!!!!!!) and he claims that the latest version has cured this :shrug: but i dont have any feedback. :rant: The Brown & Gammons one which is about £92.00 is the MGR one that was fitted as standard to all TFs from model year 2006 (mid 2005) I agree with Rich, it is a good system, easy for a DiY fit and is the one that Russell Walsh (MG Rover Solutions) only fits. he is on this forum wher you can see his prices (i think it is £150 fitted, depending where you are located) You now have three options :

1. David's home brew job (which is good) :woohoo:

2. The Lo-Larm ~ DiY only.

3. The B&G one, either simple Diy or fitted for you. good reccomended system. :thumbsup:

Re: Low Larm 12 years 5 months ago #30911

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Ive heard many bad stories about the lo-larm, enough to put me off anyway. I have the B+G and to be honest for 30 quid extra, its surely worth saving your gasket.

just my own opinion though

Re: Low Larm 12 years 5 months ago #30913

Don't forget that those stories were "ALLEGEDLY".
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Re: Low Larm 12 years 5 months ago #30918

Ive heard many bad stories about the lo-larm, enough to put me off anyway. I have the B+G and to be honest for 30 quid extra, its surely worth saving your gasket.

just my own opinion though

I have first hand reports (not good) and totally agree that the B&G systen is worth every penny of the extra £30, even to a scottish person!! :broon:

Re: Low Larm 12 years 5 months ago #30919

Don't forget that those stories were "ALLEGEDLY".

You obviously have one :shrug: :evil:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT