Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

More 21st century MG engineering 12 years 5 months ago #30677

After experiencing the heater fan resistor pack in all its wonder, I have become re-aquainted with the "audible wear indicator" :omg: on the rear pads.

What evil, twisted, vicious, tormented mind came up with this one? It's like driving down the road while having your teeth drilled.

On the other hand, it works brilliantly - you simply can't leave it for more than a day before replacing the pads or you lose your sanity :bust:

Life is its own answer, accept it and enjoy it day by day. Live as well as possible, expect no more." - Ray Bradbury, The Martian Chronicles ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: More 21st century MG engineering 12 years 5 months ago #30682

After experiencing the heater fan resistor pack in all its wonder, I have become re-aquainted with the "audible wear indicator" :omg: on the rear pads.

What evil, twisted, vicious, tormented mind came up with this one? It's like driving down the road while having your teeth drilled.

On the other hand, it works brilliantly - you simply can't leave it for more than a day before replacing the pads or you lose your sanity :bust:

OR - bend the tabs back away from the disc, until you can get some new pads. :coat:
David
:shrug:

Re: More 21st century MG engineering 12 years 5 months ago #30685

I have seen a car where the pads wore down to the metal and the metal backing plates wore right through the rotors until the rim on the edge looked like a hula hoop and fell off. The owner was either deaf or had a very loud stereo. :blink:

Last edit: Post by Rich in Vancouver.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT