Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Modify bulkhead = vehicle check? 12 years 11 months ago #24939

Just looking over a few things whilst my car was stripped and the cogs started turning and ideas flowing :silly: If the bulkhead's or any other major part of the bodywork is modified does the car need to be checked other than an MOT to make sure it's roadworth etc? I'm sure I remember reading something before but can't remember where it was now :nonod:

The main one that springs to mind is the KV6 conversion, did that require and kind of vehicle check for the fuel tank mods etc?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Modify bulkhead = vehicle check? 12 years 11 months ago #24941

I would say that anything like that should be inspected. Anything that modifies the safety integrity of the car needs to be right.

However, unless it is something that screams unsafe, I don't think it would be noticed or commented on.:shrug:

Unless and/or until something goes wrong!

The new regulations for the MOT coming in for next year will be a lot stricter and things like blocking out brakes to bigger discs will be a failure, as was explained to me by an MOT tester. Also they will physically check to see a cat is present rather than just rely on emmisions.
David
:shrug:

Re: Modify bulkhead = vehicle check? 12 years 11 months ago #24942

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
I would say it would be a matter to discuss with your insurers.

Re: Modify bulkhead = vehicle check? 12 years 11 months ago #24965

I know this sounds a cop out but

99.9% of mods are legal however to keep it legal you have to inform your insurance company

Most insurance companies have a set list of sort of approved mods like alloys an fury dice

out side of the approved list they can be a pain an withdraw cover making the car illegal
Youtube channel of mods an track pics

http://www.youtube.com/user/busternorris?feature=mhum

Website: http://www.roughluckracing.com/ MG Rover Mobile Repairs Nationwide and Western Europe

Re: Modify bulkhead = vehicle check? 12 years 11 months ago #24966

For that matter If you were doing an engine swap or something else that required a bulkhead mod the bulkhead would just be one of a long list of things your insurer would want declared.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT