Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Good fuel consumption 12 years 11 months ago #24719

For all that I have had the TF for almost 2 years I have never really checked the fuel consumption. My workplace moved to a new location at Christmas time which is a 23 mile trip mostly doing a constant speed 50 -60mph.

When I used the MGF it would be on the red line just after 300 miles but since starting to used the TF again it was still showing a quarter of a tank left at 350 miles - I thought the gauge was faulty :unsure:

But after re-filling today ( I filled the tank the last time and zero'd the trip meter) I am getting 40 mpg which is impressive :woohoo:
MG TF LE500 27 of 500
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Good fuel consumption 12 years 11 months ago #24720

For all that I have had the TF for almost 2 years I have never really checked the fuel consumption. My workplace moved to a new location at Christmas time which is a 23 mile trip mostly doing a constant speed 50 -60mph.

When I used the MGF it would be on the red line just after 300 miles but since starting to used the TF again it was still showing a quarter of a tank left at 350 miles - I thought the gauge was faulty :unsure:

But after re-filling today ( I filled the tank the last time and zero'd the trip meter) I am getting 40 mpg which is impressive :woohoo:

I would say the F was a bit thirsty!:yesnod:
We usually get mid to high 30s on fuel consumption,
David
:shrug:

Re: Good fuel consumption 12 years 11 months ago #24724

my MGF auto is getting about 31-33mpg avg. usually get 310miles out of a tank...
Oz

Re: Good fuel consumption 12 years 11 months ago #24750

I would say the F was a bit thirsty!:yesnod:
We usually get mid to high 30s on fuel consumption,

I did wonder that as well David - it was a VVC F and they usually get a good name for economy
MG TF LE500 27 of 500

Re: Good fuel consumption 12 years 11 months ago #24751

my MGF auto is getting about 31-33mpg avg. usually get 310miles out of a tank...
Oz

Not bad going considering its an auto :)
MG TF LE500 27 of 500

Re: Good fuel consumption 12 years 11 months ago #24911

The wife and I went to Bath and drove round the surroundng area for 4 days (very sunburnt head but big grin :lol: )

Didn't touch an M road the entire trip and got 400+ miles from one tank = 38 mpg based on the tank being 11 gallons.

I think that the Pipercross Viper and 52mm throttle body has helped my mpg slightly because the engine 'breathes' so much better than the original insane Mk1 intake. Although that wasn't the initial reson for fitting them ;)

Re: Good fuel consumption 12 years 11 months ago #24914

:thumbsup: :woohoo:
David

Re: Good fuel consumption 12 years 11 months ago #24930

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Obviously the TFs are going to be better. 'nuff said. ;)

Re: Good fuel consumption 12 years 10 months ago #25951

Just done my first long motorway run, 300 miles up the M5/M42 to Robin Hood country and also did 145 miles whilst up there. Topped up to the brim before I left and took 43.31 litres (9.52 gallons) to fill it up again after the 445 miles. My abacus makes it 46.7 mpg. Obeyed all speed limits and was very easy on throttle on the way up to get the best economy I could. Haven't worked out the return mpg yet, but I strayed above 70mph, and into the prevailing sw wind so Im expecting a little less.

Re: Good fuel consumption 12 years 10 months ago #25952

Just done my first long motorway run, 300 miles up the M5/M42 to Robin Hood country and also did 145 miles whilst up there. Topped up to the brim before I left and took 43.31 litres (9.52 gallons) to fill it up again after the 445 miles. My abacus makes it 46.7 mpg. Obeyed all speed limits and was very easy on throttle on the way up to get the best economy I could. Haven't worked out the return mpg yet, but I strayed above 70mph, and into the prevailing sw wind so Im expecting a little less.

:omg: really?

We averaged 37.5 mpg over the Aviemore extravaganza. Mind you, there wasn't a lot of gentle cruising in 5th.
David

Re: Good fuel consumption 12 years 10 months ago #25955

I've just come from a fiat coupe, 5 cylinder, 20 valve turbo that I was throwing a £ton a week at for 240 miles lol. I'm really happy to read about all this extra mpg. Just didn't realise it would be anywhere near so good. Wicked. :D

Re: Good fuel consumption 12 years 10 months ago #25964

We had an economy run early in the year and the winning cars were the modern's a ZR 160 but second was an TF 160 Spark with 90.56 MPG. The route covered all types of road from up hill, flat, mountainous all types of weather including fog, I only managed 51.33MPG. For the next one I will have to go a diet as the TF only weighed 1.36 compared to my 1.40, both cars had two adults.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT