Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Re: Good fuel consumption 12 years 10 months ago #25966

Just filled up after the return 300 mile and worked it out at 42 mpg. still good considering I stayed at around 80 - 85 with the odd 90 (look away leigh) most of the way.
Was interesting to see how the oil temp went too. On the steady run up it stayed fixed at 120. on the faster return where it was pulling more into a head wind it was just under half way between 120 and 150 .... i would guess 130ish.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Good fuel consumption 12 years 10 months ago #25968

I've obviously got a low reading oil temp gauge. If I give the car a sustained thrashing it creeps up to 120, but normally runs about 90-100. :yesnod:
David
:shrug:

Re: Good fuel consumption 12 years 10 months ago #25982

I stayed at around 80 - 85 with the odd 90 (look away leigh) pulling more into a head wind

lol Rog, relax young man :). Maybe I should explain.. I'm way past that, having finished my policing years a long time ago (and I wouldn't have been all that interested then to be honest). I haven't been called 'Sarge' for years and I don't really miss any of it. Not one iota. :P

I work in a secure psychiatric unit now and I get called lots of other flattering names by the :evil: I look after. Hence the need to have a car that can give me fresh air all year round. It's an easy assumption to make when you me hear talking about being upside down in a police dog van in the river I suppose. I should have mentioned it was 1990 I guess :). So, you feel free to hit the nitro button anytime you like my friend :). I'll be right behind you, but in a slower car with simulated dead bodyweight lpg tank. :thumbsup:

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT