Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Service Schedule 12 years 11 months ago #24582

Does anyone have a copy of the TF service schedule? I know its 15, 30 and 60k miles however there is also an X year count for each of those that I have forgotten!

While I am at it, does anyone have the service sheet to see what each one entails?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Service Schedule 12 years 11 months ago #24583

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
Any Help

http://www.apttony.co.uk/Servicing/ServiceSheets.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: paulvanderwalt

Re: Service Schedule 12 years 11 months ago #24585

I looked at that but it doesn't have the x years bit that I need to convince the dealer to knock the price down a bit! Also that says MGF but I assume the work is the same?

Re: Service Schedule 12 years 11 months ago #24586

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
At the bottom of the link is TF Service sheet, which has the X Years at the top of pdf

direct link http://www.apttony.co.uk/Pics/MGTFMaintenanceCheckSheet.pdf
The following user(s) said Thank You: PQD44, paulvanderwalt

Re: Service Schedule 12 years 11 months ago #24593

Doh! Nice one mate, thanks a lot.

On a completely different note, I saw you have an LE500 centre console; was it a home-spray job or did you source an original? If so could you pass on the details of supplier / PN / cost blah blah!?

Re: Service Schedule 12 years 11 months ago #24595

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
Its an Original, Found the console on ebay, Was ages ago now so can't remember the seller, The Gear Lever Gaitor came from MGFnTF Bitz

Re: Service Schedule 12 years 11 months ago #24617

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

I looked at that but it doesn't have the x years bit that I need to convince the dealer to knock the price down a bit! Also that says MGF but I assume the work is the same?

Have you found one you like?

Re: Service Schedule 12 years 11 months ago #24622

Yeah, also had a result with the insurance company after pointing out that they are trying to rob me blind...

Initially I asked for a quote to change my car from the 135 spark 55 plate to a 135 80th 04 plate - last night that was 372.31 for the remainder of my policy (4 months). Thought that was a bit steep and it turns out that the quote was done as an additional car, they then "reduced" it to 129.25 which I thought was a wee bit odd upon reflection as the car is older so in theory should be cheaper and figured it could be down to them valuing an 80th a lot higher than a spark; thus I picked a spark registration from fleabay and was quoted 133.57.... Finally I called customer services as I wanted to question what justifies this extra charge, to which, to my (sarcastic) surprise they gave me the 80th Anniversary value speach - super. I then got them to open quote 2 on my policy for the spark and explain that; after being on hold for 20mins they following outcome was offered:

1) Get a new spark, cost to policy £17.50 (admin charge and car value increase)
2) Get a 80th 135, cost to policy £12.97 (I'm happy at this point)

**Bonus**
3) Get a 80th 160, cost to policy £56.22!!

Guess what I'm going for :)

Spoke with dealer, paintwork is assured to be super barring a stone chip; there's a hole in the roof (which I wasn't keeping anyway) and the only service stamp is the first 15k one - plenty of ammo to barter with so just need to wait until he's open again on Tuesday :D

Moral of the story is: It pays to moan!

Re: Service Schedule 12 years 11 months ago #24623

:thumbsup: :woohoo: :thumbsup:
David
:shrug:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT