Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

The MG Blues 13 years 3 weeks ago #22718

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi All,
Sitting in the sun, nice and warm but still got the blues. :( MG has the dreaded HGF. :(
Don't let anybody tell you that there are always warning signs about this, ie- overheating/loss of water/engine not smooth just before disaster strikes. Did not happen for me.
The first thing I noticed was a white mist, or should I say fog :ohmy: in my rear veiw mirror. :ohmy:
30 seconds later the engine died. It was so instant. :(
Car is in the local garage (who I have total faith in) and should be ready later in the week.
Can't really complain as it is the first real hassle I have had in 18 months of ownership.
At least the weather is kind to me. :woohoo:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: The MG Blues 13 years 3 weeks ago #22721

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Too much time on my hands!
Been cruising around other forums :( so many threads about HGF :ohmy:
Is it the time of the year for it ? :(

Re: The MG Blues 13 years 3 weeks ago #22722

I Certainly Hope Not!!!:ohmy:

Re: The MG Blues 13 years 3 weeks ago #22732

Too much time on my hands!
Been cruising around other forums :( so many threads about HGF :ohmy:
Is it the time of the year for it ? :(

it's because the better weather brings all the hibernating MGs out to play, and..oops there goes another!

As long as it's repaired properly with the uprated gasket, it should be fine. Think about a low coolant alarm though.:yesnod:
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Re: The MG Blues 13 years 2 weeks ago #22780

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
All done now, all is fine. :woohoo:

Re: The MG Blues 13 years 2 weeks ago #22785

Ayb,
Toby2fly here, I got notice when the early warning coolant beeber was sounding. I got it at the MGFest in 07 and I thought it was'nt working as it never sounded, when it did I checked the coolant it took about a half pint. A few hours later I was wondering where it got lost and after checking underneath the car and all was dry I dipped the oil and yes it was like the top of a pint of guinness. I drove to the MG Garage and it was confirmed. I got the uprated 5 layer and improved bottom rail.
Happily all is ok again, and I did not have to skim the head as it did'nt over heat.

Re: The MG Blues 13 years 2 weeks ago #22790

Ayb,
Toby2fly here, I got notice when the early warning coolant beeber was sounding. I got it at the MGFest in 07 and I thought it was'nt working as it never sounded, when it did I checked the coolant it took about a half pint. A few hours later I was wondering where it got lost and after checking underneath the car and all was dry I dipped the oil and yes it was like the top of a pint of guinness. I drove to the MG Garage and it was confirmed. I got the uprated 5 layer and improved bottom rail.
Happily all is ok again, and I did not have to skim the head as it did'nt over heat.

Yep, I found the coolant alarm invaluable when my inlet manifold gasket let go.:yesnod:
David
:shrug:

Re: The MG Blues 13 years 2 weeks ago #22851

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
My HG went when it was parked up for a month.

Good job really as there was no flushing to do etc, just empty the sump of alien snot. :sick:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT