• Page:

Topic

Site Help 13 years 2 months ago #22369

• psymon's Avatar Topic Author
  • psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
Only taken me six months :) but i've finally done the forum help page, the help button at the top of the forum which used to go no were.

Could somebody quickly sanity check it for me.

Whilst i was at it i've changed the My profile button on the forum to go the forum profile instead of the main site profile. I think that makes little more sense.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Site Help 13 years 2 months ago #22370

The button works, info seems good (although I just scan read it) and the links work although (and this maybe this is down to the way my reader is set up) they open in the current tab rather than a new tab.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Re: Site Help 13 years 1 month ago #22374

Only taken me six months :) but i've finally done the forum help page, the help button at the top of the forum which used to go no were.

Could somebody quickly sanity check it for me.

Whilst i was at it i've changed the My profile button on the forum to go the forum profile instead of the main site profile. I think that makes little more sense.

Yes, the button works ok, read it all through and it reads well too, Hope all those "lurkers" now come on board.
Agree with the profile button too. :lol:

Re: Site Help 13 years 1 month ago #22375

Yep, all looks good, and only one error that I saw.:lol:

can embed that video in our forum by selecting the video hosting website from the 'video' drop down list at the top of the WYSIWIG editor pr typing the following:

If you were embedding a video from YouTube, for example, the bbcode would end up looking like this: [/i]

It would be good if you explained how to preview your post; and how to use different coloured text.
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Re: Site Help 13 years 1 month ago #22377

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
Video section corrected, all links now open in new window/tab. I'll add a little something in soon for live preview and colours.

Re: Site Help 13 years 1 month ago #22378

:thumbsup:
David

Re: Site Help 13 years 1 month ago #22380

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
Hmmm, i not completely happy with the my profile button, only because it then makes it harder to find where to change your status, avatar, location etc, So really its reversed the situation.

Re: Site Help 13 years 1 month ago #22381

Hmmm, i not completely happy with the my profile button, only because it then makes it harder to find where to change your status, avatar, location etc, So really its reversed the situation.

Put a button in 'my profile', called change your status,avatar, location, whatever linked to the correct area.
David

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT