Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Forums/Guides 13 years 1 month ago #22310

Thought I'd just pay my respects to those who have taken the time to add to the guides/forums on this site.

We have had our TF now for almost 4 years, initially bought by my 'other half' but more recently used more frequently by myself.

I was bought the TF Manual in order that I could spend my spare time replacing those parts which inevitabley wear out. So off I went and replaced the exhaust back box - 1st job - no huge problems except worn bolt heads etc. - job done! (I lost the new gasket somewhere along the way, and still not found it!)

Sticking electric window glass - job now complete. It was at this stage that I decided to keep such a good looking car for the forseeable future based on the less than average re-sale values. Apart from the obvious faults why are these cars so inexpensive to buy?

Next on the list was replacing the underfloor coolent pipes which I surprised myself by completing in half a day, the only real problem being access to the front connections through lack of ground height whilst the back was on ramps. The 20 or so bolts holding the tray were a pain but good quality and all came out without a hitch. Incidentally the pipes although very rusty on the outside seemed to have no signs of failing in the near future. (I replaced the pipes with a like for like Chinese pair at about £60 including new clips and coolant top up). The step by step guide referred to on this site was invaluable.

So, my next job is all round disc and pad replacement. Just wating to be deliverd via ebay at what I thought as an amazingly inexpensive price - will let you know if they do the job. Any links to a good guide would be appreciated}

Once complete I look forward to a summer of driving a 'not a run of the mill car' with the top down and the baseball cap on! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Forums/Guides 13 years 1 month ago #22312

As usual Clive comes up trumps with two how tos in his guides!:thumbsup:
David
:shrug:

Re: Forums/Guides 13 years 1 month ago #22315

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
I like the satisfying feeling of doing jobs myself.

Any reason you didn't go stainless for the underfloor pipes?

Re: Forums/Guides 13 years 1 month ago #22334

The reason I didn't go s/steel?

Could not see myself owning the car in 5 years time, By the timebetween purchase and I got round to replacing I'd changed my mind.

However, as I found out they looked a lot worse on the outside and would say that the new ones will last another 9 years at least (and maybe outlast me). The hoses and clips at either end look capable also - it's not all bad news between the front and back ends of an MG.

Re: Forums/Guides 13 years 1 month ago #22335

The reason I didn't go s/steel?

- it's not all bad news between the front and back ends of an MG.

The bad news is usually in the driver's seat!:blink:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT