Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Is It Really That Difficult? 13 years 2 months ago #22278

To pick and pack an 8 item order?
Today my order of brake parts arrived from a major supplier (starting with B and ending with G)
The EBC pads and discs were correct...and well packed I might add. Well, The discs were not the same
as shown in their website pic, They don't have cross drillings, only slots, but they do have a nice black finish which also wasn't shown in the pic, but which I DO like.
The wind back tool I also ordered was there as were the MGF window guides. That was good.
BUT...The single wheel nut I ordered was missing from the order, but of course they charged me for it.
The really annoying thing was that the 3rd brake light harness which they had already left out of a previous order and had assured me they would include with this one was missing as well. That's right...This is the second time they have shorted me this item!
This is my third order from this company. The first order was only for a CD of their catalog....which arrived blank.
I should have taken the hint then!

Thanks for letting me rant!
Rich

BTW: Next time I will order from the other big supplier whose name begins with R and ends with immers. They are a bit more expensive but the dozen or so orders I have got from them have always been absolutely correct (each item bar coded, poly bagged and carefully wrapped) and always shipped same day and get to me between 3-5 days whereas this order took the seller 3 days to get out the door!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Is It Really That Difficult? 13 years 2 months ago #22282

Oh dear, that's not good is it?:nonod:

It's extra infuriating when you're all the way over there too.:yesnod:

On the wheel nut side they are a standard M12x1.5mm 60degree taper. You should be able to source them over there.:shrug:
David
:shrug:

Re: Is It Really That Difficult? 13 years 2 months ago #22290

The wheel nut was just to replace a rusty but serviceable one so it isn't exactly critical, and, of course
I can make up my own wiring harness.The annoying thing is that Customs
was efficient and charged me duty on the parts that I didn't receive.:ohmy:
(They didn't know they weren't in the box!)

sigh*
Rich

Re: Is It Really That Difficult? 13 years 2 months ago #22299

Oh dear, that's not good is it?:nonod:

It's extra infuriating when you're all the way over there too.:yesnod:

On the wheel nut side they are a standard M12x1.5mm 60degree taper. You should be able to source them over there.:shrug:

The wheel nuts on my 1996 F have a stainless steel jacket on the hexagonal part and a revolving taper ring, i thought they were all like this.? :shrug:

Re: Is It Really That Difficult? 13 years 2 months ago #22302

All but one of mine are like yours. The rusty, capless culprit is on the same wheel that a previous owner tried to beat to death with a wheel wrench, which is on the same corner of the car where the sill shows evidence of jack collapse.
Must have been some outing! :ohmy:

Last edit: Post by Rich in Vancouver.

Re: Is It Really That Difficult? 13 years 2 months ago #22308

sigh*
Two days ago I sent them an E-mail specifically requesting that they refund my payment for the nut and the wiring harness that were shorted from my order(s).
Today I got a reply letting me know that they have now mailed them.
They really don't pay attention to what their customer says do they?
The nut will be nice to have (assuming they send the correct one!) but the harness will be wasted as I will have to make up my own to get the car through it's inspection at the beginning of next week.

Re: Is It Really That Difficult? 13 years 2 months ago #22314

sigh*
Two days ago I sent them an E-mail specifically requesting that they refund my payment for the nut and the wiring harness that were shorted from my order(s).
Today I got a reply letting me know that they have now mailed them.
They really don't pay attention to what their customer says do they?
The nut will be nice to have (assuming they send the correct one!) but the harness will be wasted as I will have to make up my own to get the car through it's inspection at the beginning of next week.

Plus of course, no doubt, you'll have to pay import duty on them again.:shrug:
David
:shrug:

Re: Is It Really That Difficult? 13 years 2 months ago #22326

Buying long distance can be frustrating.
My other current shipping challenge is a set of LHD Trophy Headlights (bought on E-bay) that Parcelforce
has lost somewhere in their system. I have just started the claim process through E-Bay,
I'm still hoping that they appear as in over 400 E-bay transactions I haven't had a parcel disappear yet.
Besides, I really want those lights!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT