Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

MGF workshop companion 13 years 2 months ago #21989

Is the MGF workshop companion which Psymon created still available to download anywhere? I have tried all the old links and none seem to work.

I was hoping to download it to allow me to log and schedule my strip and re-build which I am just starting.

Most of the disconnections are done for the rear subframe removal. should have it dropped some time in the near future. Just hope the front mounting bolts are good to me and come out. i've given them a soaking in penetrating fluid, and will probably do another couple of applications over the next few days to get the best chance of success.

Cheers for any advice

Rob

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: MGF workshop companion 13 years 2 months ago #21990

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
In process of patching it to work from here instead of my old site which is now offline, Shouldn't be to much longer. :)

Re: MGF workshop companion 13 years 2 months ago #21994

Thanks for the reply Psymon.

Will look forward to the new improved edition. Saw a lot of good feedback about the original on the .org website and was really disapointed to find that the old links were no longer active.

Re: MGF workshop companion 13 years 2 months ago #21998

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
I've made a fixed up version available in the downloads section here

Resources > Downloads on the site menu

Re: MGF workshop companion 13 years 2 months ago #22002

Thanks for uploading that on a Saturday night mate.

Downloaded it and run the installer, but when I tried to open it up just got the following message :-

The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file ‘C:\Progam Files\MGF-TF Workshop Companion|DB|MainDB.mdb’. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.

Not to computer literate myself so don't know what to do from there.

Thanks again for taking the time to put it up there for me though. Really appreciate it.

Re: MGF workshop companion 13 years 2 months ago #22004

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX

Thanks for uploading that on a Saturday night mate.

Downloaded it and run the installer, but when I tried to open it up just got the following message :-

The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file ‘C:\Progam Files\MGF-TF Workshop Companion|DB|MainDB.mdb’. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.

Not to computer literate myself so don't know what to do from there.

Thanks again for taking the time to put it up there for me though. Really appreciate it.

Are you running windows 7 ? If so you'll need to run the program as administrator. Simply right click on the icon and select run as administrator

Last edit: Post by psymon.

Re: MGF workshop companion 13 years 2 months ago #22009

I'm not running windows 7,still in the world of windows vista.

Thanks for any further help you can give me Psymon.

Re: MGF workshop companion 13 years 2 months ago #22010

Tried the right click and run as administrator thing even though I'm running vista and it worked.

Thanks for that Psymon. Really looking forward to using it to keep track of my re-buid. Many thanks for taking the time to meke it available to me and being available with the advice on how to get it running.

Cheers,

Rob

Re: MGF workshop companion 13 years 2 months ago #22017

Not being one to miss out on a good thing I downloaded the Companion too. What a great tool! Thanks Psymon!
I hope that it was meant to be fair game for everyone.:oops:

Cheers,
Rich
BTW: I am also running Vista and had the same issue.

Re: MGF workshop companion 13 years 2 months ago #22018

Is this a newer version of the Companion and, if so, will I loose all my previous data if I install this over my older version?

Re: MGF workshop companion 13 years 2 months ago #22019

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX

Not being one to miss out on a good thing I downloaded the Companion too. What a great tool! Thanks Psymon!
I hope that it was meant to be fair game for everyone.:oops:

Cheers,
Rich
BTW: I am also running Vista and had the same issue.

The original was written for XP, doesn't play nice with vista or 7, File permissions changed under the program files directory, we are now supposed store data in an Appdata folder, great for keeping the OS secure but a pain for some applications.

I go through phase's of programming, seems like a six months cycle, Six months of programming and then six months off. In the first month of programming at the mo.

Re: MGF workshop companion 13 years 2 months ago #22020

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX

Is this a newer version of the Companion and, if so, will I loose all my previous data if I install this over my older version?

Only main change is it now downloads its how to's from here, losing data is probable , so i wouldn't bother just yet.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT