Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Re: First Weekend With My MGF 13 years 1 month ago #22303

Here's a follow up on my abused wheel. I decided to take the advice offered, and save some money as well and repaired the wheel myself. I sanded down the dings with a flexible sanding disc on a drill followed by a couple of coats of Bondo. The bondo was sanded and the rest of the wheel was scuffed with abrasive Scotchbrite. As the finish was down to the alloy in places I gave the wheel a couple of coats of zinc chromate primer followed by 3 coats of silver wheel paint and two of clearcoat.
I am thrilled with the result. The only downside is that I will probably have to do the other three wheels as well!
As I had most of the materials on hand the total cost of the repair was 12 bucks for a can of paint. :woohoo:
Thanks again for the advice!

Rich

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Rich in Vancouver.

Re: First Weekend With My MGF 13 years 1 month ago #22304

Rich, I am about to put 17" rims on mine (1st April) so my 15" ones will be obsolete and I don't think they will go for much on ebay(ie not worth the trouble of listing etc) if you're prepared to pay for shipping they're yours free. PM me your thoughts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Re: First Weekend With My MGF 13 years 1 month ago #22309

Thanks for the offer Ned but I think that mine will be good to go now.
After I wear out the new set of tires I will likely go for 16's or 17's as well.

Cheers, and thanks again,
Rich

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT