Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

ENGINE FLUSHING OIL ADDITIVE 13 years 3 months ago #21311

Can the experts please give advice about using a flushing agent before an oil change?? I have read various comments about not using any on modern engines because the modern semi- synthetic oils are very good at cleaning anyway. I have been using Castrol GTX Magnatec and will replace with Mobil 1 (only because i have 5 litres) NO, NO, its not my MGF, its on the Honda, its a 2.0 litre VTEC engine which has covered 85,000 miles.

Apparently the Wynn's treatment states "that it should not be used on engines having covered more than 75k"

:evil: :whistle:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Re: ENGINE FLUSHING OIL ADDITATIVE 13 years 3 months ago #21314

I don't know the pro's and con's but I had a problem with sticking lifters last week an put wynn's in

The oil that was in looked ok not totally black or anything, I ran it for about 40 mins, drained the oil the tapping from the lifters hasn't totally gone but its a lot better an the colour of the oil that I drained was jet black

So in my case it was worth doing
Youtube channel of mods an track pics

http://www.youtube.com/user/busternorris?feature=mhum

Website: http://www.roughluckracing.com/ MG Rover Mobile Repairs Nationwide and Western Europe
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young

Re: ENGINE FLUSHING OIL ADDITATIVE 13 years 3 months ago #21316

I always drain the old oil, bung in some cheapo Asda stuff along with a Wynns flush - run for 15 or 20 mins then drain again, before filling with Magnatec. Do that on Meg (98K) and Michael (146K!) every time... never had a problem.

Re: ENGINE FLUSHING OIL ADDITATIVE 13 years 3 months ago #21328

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
I use Magnetec in the TF and usually just flush through with a cheap oil. I did use the Wynns on the Freelander when I did the oil change, figured it would help a bit as the engine has done 136000 miles.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT