Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Bloody leak 13 years 3 months ago #21195

Well, been raining overnight - found this when i went to put the seats back in after changing the T bar -

http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab247/Wynnstay/Hood%20Leak/SDC10309.jpg

Rust looks worse than it actually is.

water was running down the bulkhead having dripped (slight understatement) from here -

http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab247/Wynnstay/Hood%20Leak/SDC10310.jpg

traced it back up and found water coming in through the velcro at the bottom of the rear window, running around the lower edge -

http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab247/Wynnstay/Hood%20Leak/SDC10311.jpg

Strange thing is water comes in the same place on the passenger side but doesn't end up in the car.

any ideas how to sort this?

Life is its own answer, accept it and enjoy it day by day. Live as well as possible, expect no more." - Ray Bradbury, The Martian Chronicles ...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Bloody leak 13 years 3 months ago #21197

The water that invariably gets in the soft top 'seams' is supposed to go round the outer channel in the bodywork and then get deflected out to the door jams by the rubber seal... maybe your seal is a bit crushed or bent in even allowing the water to come in rather than be deflected out?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tigger

Re: Bloody leak 13 years 3 months ago #21198

The water that invariably gets in the soft top 'seams' is supposed to go round the outer channel in the bodywork and then get deflected out to the door jams by the rubber seal... maybe your seal is a bit crushed or bent in even allowing the water to come in rather than be deflected out?

Thanks - will go and have a look if there's a difference between the seals.

Life is its own answer, accept it and enjoy it day by day. Live as well as possible, expect no more." - Ray Bradbury, The Martian Chronicles ...

Re: Bloody leak 13 years 3 months ago #21202

Excellent call - looks as if it's fixed!

Had to release the rear of the hood and pull the seal towards the back of the car - the seal just in front of the main hood pivot had somehow moved forward from the proper position. :shrug:

Pouring with rain and no water coming into the car. :woohoo:

Re: Bloody leak 13 years 3 months ago #21203

Good call, indeed!:cheer:
David
:shrug:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT