Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

MGOC etc 13 years 3 months ago #21141

I used to belong to the MGOC when I had a 'B roadster' in the eighties. I have been thinking of joining again but was just wondering how relevant the club and magazine is to TF owners.
I also thought it might be handy for insurance when renewal comes up. Does anyone take advantage of their insurance or are there better deals to be had elsewhere.
Also, are there any TF/F dedicated magazines/newsletters out there that I haven't heard about. Or, in fact, any other reading material that anyone would recommend.
thanks
rog

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: MGOC etc 13 years 3 months ago #21146

MG Enthusiast covers F's an TF's too available at WH Smiths and Martins New agents

last month had Modifying MGF's as one of the topics,

PS mine was in it ...lol
Youtube channel of mods an track pics

http://www.youtube.com/user/busternorris?feature=mhum

Website: http://www.roughluckracing.com/ MG Rover Mobile Repairs Nationwide and Western Europe

Re: MGOC etc 13 years 3 months ago #21147

I joined the MGOC mainly for the local runs - loads of F's & TF's on them.

Life is its own answer, accept it and enjoy it day by day. Live as well as possible, expect no more." - Ray Bradbury, The Martian Chronicles ...

Last edit: Post by Tigger.

Re: MGOC etc 13 years 3 months ago #21152

I used to belong to the MGOC when I had a 'B roadster' in the eighties. I have been thinking of joining again but was just wondering how relevant the club and magazine is to TF owners.
I also thought it might be handy for insurance when renewal comes up. Does anyone take advantage of their insurance or are there better deals to be had elsewhere.
Also, are there any TF/F dedicated magazines/newsletters out there that I haven't heard about. Or, in fact, any other reading material that anyone would recommend.
thanks
rog

I am a MGOC member and Area Secretary of the Epsom Area MG Owners Club (one of the MGOC regional clubs)

I can assure you that they treat any MG owner equally , it does not matter if you have an early and rare car or the latest TF135, we are all equal ~ MG Owners!

Lancaster insurance is no longer owned by MGOC but does give better prices to the membership. Our club Treasurer has a 2005 TF which is insured with them and their quote was considerably lower than the others.

You do not have to be a MGOC member to go on a majority of the runs that are organised by the regional clubs and as Tigger has said there are lots of Fs and TFs on these runs.

As Rough Luck has said MG Enthusiast is a good magazine for all MG owners, and you can take out an annual subscription for £43.92 (£3.63 per issue against £4.20 in the shops) you can do it on line at www.mgenthusiast.com

Hope this helps

Bryan
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Re: MGOC etc 13 years 3 months ago #21157

Thanks guys.
Great recommendations, will look up the enthusiast mag tomorrow when I'm in town and will probably join MGOC in the next couple of months. Have also found info today on a club in the local area which gets together for social evenings/runs etc so will also look into that too.
Busy life this MG ownership milarky innit!

Re: MGOC etc 13 years 3 months ago #21160

Thanks guys.
Great recommendations, will look up the enthusiast mag tomorrow when I'm in town and will probably join MGOC in the next couple of months. Have also found info today on a club in the local area which gets together for social evenings/runs etc so will also look into that too.
Busy life this MG ownership milarky innit!

Rog, you may not find a MG Enthusiast the March edition will be on sale in the shops on Friday 18 February, i get mine a couple of days earlier in the post. Its a great mag.:woohoo: YES MGs and everything that goes with them does take up a lot of time, which is why the marque survives and flourishes :woohoo:

Re: MGOC etc 13 years 3 months ago #21206

Agreed!
MG Enthusiast has a lot of MGF/TF coverage, and is what gave me the bug to get one. Fortunately they do a lot of How-To articles so I am going into MGF ownership with my eyes open. (And a HG set on standby in the shed!)

Cheers,
Rich

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT