Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Air filter box 13 years 3 months ago #20755

Hi all,
I am making an enclosed induction kit for my F and trying to go down the 800 series airbox route.I know they are from the 86-91 era and having tried my local breaker,I now need to be model specific for the internet breakers.Does anyone know which models had the cylindrical ones fitted.Thanks for any input.
Regards Neil

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Air filter box 13 years 3 months ago #20759

Hi all,
I am making an enclosed induction kit for my F and trying to go down the 800 series airbox route.I know they are from the 86-91 era and having tried my local breaker,I now need to be model specific for the internet breakers.Does anyone know which models had the cylindrical ones fitted.Thanks for any input.
Regards Neil

I think it was the later 800 series, including the diesel, which had the round air filter. The part number is PHB102050
Fitting it.
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Re: Air filter box 13 years 3 months ago #20774

Thanks David,
I think I might have located one a fair distance away,is the part number you have quoted for the filter or air box.If it is for the air box,is the number visible externally on the box?
Regards Neil

Re: Air filter box 13 years 3 months ago #20775

Thanks David,
I think I might have located one a fair distance away,is the part number you have quoted for the filter or air box.If it is for the air box,is the number visible externally on the box?
Regards Neil

That's the part number for air filter box complete. As to being it being visible - :shrug:
David
:shrug:

Re: Air filter box 13 years 3 months ago #20776

Rimmers have it HERE and there's a picture too!

Re: Air filter box 13 years 3 months ago #20778

For similar money to the Rimmer's price I am installing a 2nd hand (nearly new) Pipercross Viper, which also does the job - see thread:

May be an alternative option.

Re: Air filter box 13 years 3 months ago #20781

I have one on my F , it's off the petrol 820Efi, don't think it was use on any other model,
http://www.mgf.ultimatemg.com/ it's under Cold airbox section,
Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Last edit: Post by stephen1473. Reason: additional minfo

Re: Air filter box 13 years 3 months ago #20782

For similar money to the Rimmer's price I am installing a 2nd hand (nearly new) Pipercross Viper, which also does the job - see thread:

May be an alternative option.

i'll 2nd that, cost me less then £60, love it

Re: Air filter box 13 years 3 months ago #20833

Hi All,
My search for an airbox from an 820efi has been fruitless.It looks as if I will be"fabricating" one myself.Could anyone who has done this mod give me the length and diameter of the filter box please.
Regards Neil

Re: Air filter box 13 years 3 months ago #20835

mk1 or mk2? and do you mean the std one?

Re: Air filter box 13 years 3 months ago #20839

I am going to take the original airbox out of my Mk2 and replace it with a K+N enclosed in an 820 cylindrical airbox.The problem I am experiencing is locating the airbox that I believe was fitted to efi models circa 86-91.If the worst comes to the worst I will have to make something similar and just require the rough dimensions.
Regards Neil

Re: Air filter box 13 years 3 months ago #20887

ive seen someone use something like this?

think it already has a crapy filter in but you can take it out. youu would have to get one that fits the KnN in

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Universal-Cold-Feed-Induction-Carbon-Fibre-Air-Fillter-/220723691580?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item336428403c

Last edit: Post by Rob TF.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT