Topic

The lastest in ECO engine design 13 years 3 months ago #20737

• psymon's Avatar Topic Author
  • psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
Anybody remember making these

Made a few last night with my eldest, Great fun racing them up and down the table.

Now if i could transplant the old K series with one.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by psymon.

Re: The lastest in ECO engine design 13 years 3 months ago #20738

Often wondered why no ones made an assited engine using the PIEZO CRYSTAL

For those who dont know the uses of these, they are found in lighters, if a small hammer hits the crystal an it reacts by giving off an electric charge

or

the likes of epson found the crystal moves when a charge is put through it, an made them in to very fine print heads

but how about this as the car moves along a small army of these could charge batteries, the batteries could then power an axel ie the front so you have a four wheel drive F........ A Hybred F'er
Youtube channel of mods an track pics

http://www.youtube.com/user/busternorris?feature=mhum

Website: http://www.roughluckracing.com/ MG Rover Mobile Repairs Nationwide and Western Europe

Re: The lastest in ECO engine design 13 years 3 months ago #20739

Wow, I remember making one of those when I was about 6!
Of course the cotton reel was solid wood and the match was 'used'.(for safety)

I also remember deciding to make one without supervision. I knew I wasn't supposed to play with knives - so I took a razor blade out of my dad's safety razor and used that!

Guess what - I've still got the scar where I almost took the top of my middle finger off!:rofl:
David
:shrug:

Re: The lastest in ECO engine design 13 years 3 months ago #20740

• psymon's Avatar Topic Author
  • psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX

For those who dont know the uses of these, they are found in lighters, if a small hammer hits the crystal an it reacts by giving off an electric charge

or

the likes of epson found the crystal moves when a charge is put through it, an made them in to very fine print heads

but how about this as the car moves along a small army of these could charge batteries, the batteries could then power an axel ie the front so you have a four wheel drive F........ A Hybred F'er

They use Piezo crystals as motors in camera lenes and some mobile phones called squiggle motors
here's one

And the space shuttle has giant ones in its delivery arm
Attachments:

Re: The lastest in ECO engine design 13 years 3 months ago #20741

Guess I'm way ahead on my thinking again ehhhh.....lol

I was thinking slightly charge the battery to use them while going along......and boost charge the battery from braking

I had a hunt an you can get actuators an everything with them

A small motor with big magnets round it pointing outward with opposed poles so it keeps it spinning once moving
Youtube channel of mods an track pics

http://www.youtube.com/user/busternorris?feature=mhum

Website: http://www.roughluckracing.com/ MG Rover Mobile Repairs Nationwide and Western Europe

Re: The lastest in ECO engine design 13 years 3 months ago #20751

or

With the TF's suspension, should produce enough shocks and vibration to power a small town :whistle:

Life is its own answer, accept it and enjoy it day by day. Live as well as possible, expect no more." - Ray Bradbury, The Martian Chronicles ...

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT