Sign In   Register

Topic

Re: The day is lasting longer 13 years 4 months ago #20560

Finish painting my subframe

Oh, and find the front of my car :)

Squirt/Spray waxoil in all the hollow bits of the subframe before and the bottom wishbones. what are you painting the subframes with (paint, i know Doh!) but what type?? i was going to use POR15 from Frosts, which i understand is a two pack epoxy. Car looks good, like the tidy garage too!! :woohoo:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: The day is lasting longer 13 years 4 months ago #20561

New exhaust system, sort out the rattles, and paint and seal the underside.
Mostly I just want to get the roof off and drive it again.

Re: The day is lasting longer 13 years 4 months ago #20562

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX

Squirt/Spray waxoil in all the hollow bits of the subframe before and the bottom wishbones. what are you painting the subframes with (paint, i know Doh!) but what type?? i was going to use POR15 from Frosts, which i understand is a two pack epoxy. Car looks good, like the tidy garage too!! :woohoo:

Large amounts of waxoil in every crevice all ready done, Went for the cheap option of smoothrite on the subframe as i had some left over from doing the drainpipes on the house, did also do a layer of hammerright undercoat with some sort rust inhibitor in it as well also left over from the drainpipes.

My better half is also loving the tidy garage :cjj:

Re: The day is lasting longer 13 years 4 months ago #20563

Large amounts of waxoil in every crevice all ready done, Went for the cheap option of smoothrite on the subframe as i had some left over from doing the drainpipes on the house, did also do a layer of hammerright undercoat with some sort rust inhibitor in it as well also left over from the drainpipes.

Hammerrite and Smoothrite are not "cheap" and are good paints the rust inhibitor undercoat is good too, they are designed to encapsulate the rust and stop it going further, they are also high build. if you still have some, put on another coat!!! :silly:

Re: The day is lasting longer 13 years 4 months ago #20564

How is this for a tidy garage!!!! Thats the MGB under there, will send the MGF picture later its got more space in a much bigger garage :whistle:

Re: The day is lasting longer 13 years 4 months ago #20565

AND AND The MGF >>>>>>>>>>>> where do i start??? :evil: :shrug:

Re: The day is lasting longer 13 years 4 months ago #20566

And another! what no wheels!!!! ~ that is the only thing i have a lot of, just bought a set of six spoke TF wheels from a 2004 car in Very good condition but rubbish tyres, two Pirelli P6000's and two Contenental contacts, worn out, new and unusued steel spare. ~~ Yes that is carpet on the floor . just got to find time to restart the project :shrug:

Re: The day is lasting longer 13 years 4 months ago #20567

Here is another one, wot no wheels, i do have three sets though. yes that is carpet on the floor and a teak bench seat for resting! just got to find time to restart the project :silly: :shrug:

Re: The day is lasting longer 13 years 4 months ago #20573

Oh, to have a garage with light, power and carpet.
My garages are either a 2 minute walk or a 5 minute drive, the nearer one is stuffed full of car parts, 2 trailers, 2 engines, elventeen wheels for cars I never owned, the other is starting to fill with parts, not to mention the shed, maybe I should add them to the list of things to do.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Re: The day is lasting longer 13 years 4 months ago #20574

I'd like a garage wide enough that I didn't need exit through the car roof ,or where the roof would be.

Last edit: Post by marlow.

Re: The day is lasting longer 13 years 4 months ago #20575

I'd like a garage...........Period! :(

Re: The day is lasting longer 13 years 4 months ago #20582

I'd like a garage...........Period! :(

I know what you mean - perhaps we should start a group - call it 'The Al-frescos' or perhaps more accurately 'The Chilblains' :lol:

Life is its own answer, accept it and enjoy it day by day. Live as well as possible, expect no more." - Ray Bradbury, The Martian Chronicles ...

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT