Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Starting MGTF Front Conversion 13 years 3 months ago #20465

Hello mates, i started my front mgtf conversion on my mgf :)

I have everything, the bumper the brackets for the bumper
the headlights the plugs for the headlights.

1.I have to weld the bumper brackets on the front reinforcment bar of the MGF
2. I have one problem, i bought the MGTF Headlight Brackets
and i dont now how to fix they, i mean in which position shall i drill to make holes.
3. I have to finish the electrical conversion for the repeaters to the mgtf headlight plugs

For number 2, I need a close up picture of the front of one mgtf with these brackets
Maybe someone took out one picture like that by removing the headlight and bumper
I can not find one car MGTF in the place where i live to open it and check it.
Or maybe someon has already open his front and can help me.

So It will help me very much and i will aprreciate it, if someone can help me with this picture
to understand the original position and continue the conversion.

I was thinking to install the headlights together with brackets and look where they should be
and decide where to drill but its better one close up of this point

I have uploaded the first picture to explain which location are these brackets
and some pics of my brg mgf. You can see in the pics i have already the rear mgtf bumper fitted.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by alex_mgf.

Re: Starting MGTF Front Conversion 13 years 3 months ago #20468

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
I didn't need to do any drilling for the head light brakets, the holes where allready there, i just rested the new headlights in and new brackets just lined up. I'll nip out in a mo and take a picture.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alex_mgf

Re: Starting MGTF Front Conversion 13 years 3 months ago #20469

I didn't need to do any drilling for the head light brakets, the holes where allready there, i just rested the new headlights in and new brackets just lined up. I'll nip out in a mo and take a picture.

Hello Psymon,
It sound very positive, so the holes are there, i should look again more in detail.
Thank you in advance for that
So you have also made your mgtf look.
Had did you have done withe the bumper brackets?

Re: Starting MGTF Front Conversion 13 years 3 months ago #20471

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
Started to make it look like and TF , now making it look like and LE500
The bumper brackets i replaced the entire bar for an MGTF Armature Bar it all lines up then.

Heres the headlamp brackets

Attachments:

Re: Starting MGTF Front Conversion 13 years 3 months ago #20473

Thank you very much! For the Pictures
Have fun with the LE500 Conversion
Keep us posted with pics
I noticed You are born in the same month like me, you on 31th August ' 74 and me on 4th :lol:

Re: Starting MGTF Front Conversion 13 years 3 months ago #20474

You might have to do some drilling as it seems there are some body differences! When I did Meg's I had to remove the old F inner headlight support bracket and add the TF ones. Also I never fitted the outer brackets as I could never decide where they went as Meg did not have any holes for them! See pics below:

Here you can see the old inner bracket (that is in the way of the TF light 'lug' and the outer area where there are no holes pre-drilled.

You need to drill out the welds on the old bracket and remove it.

Then offer up the new bracket with the headlight in place to mark it, then drill and bolt it in place. (other side of car just to confuse you!)

Here you can see where I left the bracket off (been like that for several years and passed evey MOT on headlight aim!

Last edit: Post by adamelphick.

Re: Starting MGTF Front Conversion 13 years 3 months ago #20475

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
Wonder if that was a difference between the MK1 and MY2000, Mines an MY2000 and the old headlamp bracket was bolted on.

Re: Starting MGTF Front Conversion 13 years 3 months ago #20476

Wonder if that was a difference between the MK1 and MY2000, Mines an MY2000 and the old headlamp bracket was bolted on.

Could be. Meg doesn't even have the outer bracket holes at all.

Re: Starting MGTF Front Conversion 13 years 3 months ago #20478

Hellon Adam!

Thank you also very much for you answer, it looks like that i have exactly the same situation like you. There are differences between the models (My2000 and MK1) in the headlight brackets at least.

Maybe Psymon can help us giving some coordinates or distances for the holes, for the outer bracket, and Adam u can do it also, if you want it off course.

Or i will try it like that i will bolt on the headlight the outer bracket, i will take the bolts out from the upper side of the bracket
and wil bring it close to the position it should be and the i will mark with a liner the position then i will mark trough the holes of the bolts the drilling points.

So i have for every side to take out the old bracket and drill holes and bolt the new one inner bracket

Re: Starting MGTF Front Conversion 13 years 3 months ago #20479

Hellon Adam!

Thank you also very much for you answer, it looks like that i have exactly the same situation like you. There are differences between the models (My2000 and MK1) in the headlight brackets at least.

Maybe Psymon can help us giving some coordinates or distances for the holes, for the outer bracket, and Adam u can do it also, if you want it off course.

Or i will try it like that i will bolt on the headlight the outer bracket, i will take the bolts out from the upper side of the bracket
and wil bring it close to the position it should be and the i will mark with a liner the position then i will mark trough the holes of the bolts the drilling points.

So i have for every side to take out the old bracket and drill holes and bolt the new one inner bracket

Glad I can help out - hopefully the photo with the bracket in place on the inner side means you can fit it using that as a guide.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT