• Page:

Topic

Cheap? tools. 13 years 4 months ago #20119

• cjj's Avatar Topic Author
  • cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
For all those technical people and general tinkerers out there, Halfords are selling their "Professional" tool kits for less than half price.

Even though I am up to my ears in general tools, I always find it difficult when I go to work on other peoples cars or service days as I have to empty the contents of my tools chests loose into a tool box. This means they easily get lost and make it difficult to check I have them all when I leave.

So, I was looking at this in Halfords last week but was a bit put off by the £189 price tag. I went in for some indicator lamps today and...woohoo....down to £89. £100 off. Boy am I glad I didn't buy it last week.

Clicky

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Cheap? tools. 13 years 4 months ago #20122

Mmm...nice tool...s!:lol:
David
:shrug:

Re: Cheap? tools. 13 years 4 months ago #20124

You can be really clever here, get an online necter account (www.necter.com), use that go visit halfords online, reserve the tools for collection, you may even get them cheaper than the instore price as well.

Save the necter points alnong with the ones you get for all the otherthings you can do through necter , ebay, amazon, currys, comet etc and come next xmas you can get a new TV for the bedroom like wot we just dunne.

Back to the tools, halfords always clear out their tools at xmas in time to get the repackaged range in.

Halfords pro are good tools as well, carry a lifetime gurantee.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Re: Cheap? tools. 13 years 4 months ago #20125

On this side of the pond we get the same sort of deals at a chain called Canadian Tire.
Some of their specials are so good that you would have to be crazy NOT to buy them!
I recently got a 12 piece set of Torx drivers to fit a 3/8" ratchet in a nice case for $10. when they normally cost $6. per piece. I picked up a set of hex bits and screwdriver bits in the same sale.
Even my wife could see the logic in that! :ohmy:

Re: Cheap? tools. 13 years 4 months ago #20129

• cjj's Avatar Topic Author
  • cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Now that is worth having....

a wife that sees logic. :)

Where can I get one?

Re: Cheap? tools. 13 years 4 months ago #20130

That logic is pretty selective unfortunately. :(
For the most part she thinks I am nuts messing around with old cars.
(Of course she gets to drive the new one!)

Re: Cheap? tools. 13 years 3 months ago #20158

I was looking at that set too and like you have a various assortment of loose tools and sockets, i have a metric/inch set which is supposed to fit both, but has slipped off many times when using real force. i understand that those Halfords sets are made by Snap On for them, hence the lifetime guarentee ~ might just go and get one and fill up the nectar card!!!:woohoo:

Re: Cheap? tools. 13 years 3 months ago #20160

Some are snap on, others are tang, they uses others as well.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT