Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

low level alarm 13 years 4 months ago #19285

Hi to everyone, does any of you good people know where i can get hold low level alarm kits as brown and gammonds have sold out and i have been told it could be 10 days to 2 weeks before they get them in stock. cheers

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: low level alarm 13 years 4 months ago #19287

Hi to everyone, does any of you good people know where i can get hold low level alarm kits as brown and gammonds have sold out and i have been told it could be 10 days to 2 weeks before they get them in stock. cheers

I was working with a Spanish guy to produce a completely different header tank / cap combination few months back - he has been a bit elusive last few months though - will try to contact him again through his MG club as the mod got rid of the crappy cap altogether!

Re: low level alarm 13 years 4 months ago #19299

Sorry, I can't find one anywhere.:nonod:
David
:shrug:

Re: low level alarm 13 years 4 months ago #19302

There is http://www.lolarm.co.uk/

I have no personal experience of them and have seen mixed reveiws from, suberb, quick fit..... to didn't work properly, had to modify to make it work, failed to go off leading to HGF.

James

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Re: low level alarm 13 years 4 months ago #19307

I have no personal experience of them and have seen mixed reveiws from, suberb, quick fit..... to didn't work properly, had to modify to make it work, failed to go off leading to HGF.

James

If I'm thinking of the right one, I think the problems are with the fact that the sensor wires go in through the pressure cap.

The problem for Russell is that he's fitting these to customers cars and they will want the OEM version.
David
:shrug:

Re: low level alarm 13 years 4 months ago #19328

On the diagram on their website it shows a reed switch under the header tank.

If the custoner can't have what he wants he may have to have the alternative.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Re: low level alarm 13 years 4 months ago #19367

James

If I'm thinking of the right one, I think the problems are with the fact that the sensor wires go in through the pressure cap.

The problem for Russell is that he's fitting these to customers cars and they will want the OEM version.

I have heard mixed reveiws, they have been modified because of the early problems of the wires going through the cap. not that easy to fit either, took one of our members (ex Mechanic) well over two hours to install. i think the control panel is untidy and and sometimes they dont work!!!! i am going to pay the extra and fit one of the OEM ones that Russell is using from B&G B)

Re: low level alarm 13 years 4 months ago #19427

I have been using the B&G one for 7 years. It paid for its self a couple of months after it was fitted, when the water pump packed up. The pump was only 8 months old and a genuine OM one. I have not fitted the warning light as I did not want to drill my centre consul, the buzzer is load enough to be heard at high speed wearing a crash helme.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT