Sign In   Register

Topic

Re: mgf service 13 years 4 months ago #19462

OK - I've done a bit more research, so I think I get this now :)

As usual gaining a bit of knowledge just leads to more questions :huh:

Pipercross make the Venom and Viper systems. The Venom appears to be their most recent addition and is also substantially cheaper. What's the difference please?

Will an alloy throttle body help things along on my old Mk1 as well?

I think the main difference is the Viper is carbon fibre and polished alloy, the Venom is polypropylene. Both would work fine.

The disadvantage of the plastic throttle bodies is distortion and sticking butterfly. If you dont have these problems, an alloy throttle body would be aesthetic more than practical benefit.

I thought the alloy bodies were a larger internal diameter, of 52mm as opposed to 49mm in plastic. i also thought they gave a little bit of extra Ooomph!! Another thing is that the worm drive clip used to hold the induction pipe on causes the plastic body to become oval ( i have always disliked plastic bits in engines and 52mm alloy one is on my list of things to do. :whistle:

The standard alloy throttle body is 48mm like the plastic ones.:yesnod: The 52mm was fitted to the 160 initially, I think. Not sure what is on the 135.:shrug: My mk2 F has an alloy 48mm fitted as standard.
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young, Laz1957

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: mgf service 13 years 4 months ago #19488

The 52mm TB is pointless on the early F as the ECU does react to it. You can get a 48mm alloy version.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young, Laz1957

Re: mgf service 13 years 4 months ago #19489

OK, so not point changing it then and if it ain't broke (which it isn't) don't fix it ;)

Does this make any difference to fitting the Pipercross Viper/Venom then?

Re: mgf service 13 years 4 months ago #19495

OK, so not point changing it then and if it ain't broke (which it isn't) don't fix it ;)

Does this make any difference to fitting the Pipercross Viper/Venom then?

in a word no, ...because the outside diameter of all the throttle bodies is the same.:yesnod:
David
:shrug:

Re: mgf service 13 years 4 months ago #19497

The 52mm TB is pointless on the early F as the ECU does react to it. You can get a 48mm alloy version.

I've had a 52mm TB on mine for years an had it on a T4 machine no errors or problems, even emissions all ok
Youtube channel of mods an track pics

http://www.youtube.com/user/busternorris?feature=mhum

Website: http://www.roughluckracing.com/ MG Rover Mobile Repairs Nationwide and Western Europe

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT