Sign In   Register

Topic

Winters coming 13 years 6 months ago #18162

so what plans do you have for the long dark nights to enhance your motoring related experiences come next summer?

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Winters coming 13 years 6 months ago #18167

Nine veiws and nobodys doing nuffin?

I'll get you started then -

I started this morning by taken the battery out of the F so I can give it a refresh charge, here we are some 9 hours later and it's still only up to 2 volts.

I have a few simple jobs planned for the F.
Change the mirrors to electric and colour code them.
Fit the HRW relay/switch.
Refit the hardtop (for security reasons).
Stainless mesh the grills.
Sort the rear brakes.

For the ZS -
Connect the oil breather tank.
Install the new clock/internal & external temp gauge
Get a duplex exhuast

For Mrs TC,s ZR -
Finish fitting the door handle lights
Refit the side skirt
Get the coolant leak sorted

For the Maestro T16
um - get her running again so I can work out what needs doing but this may include installing the engine I got 2 years ago...............

Last edit: Post by talkingcars.

Re: Winters coming 13 years 6 months ago #18173

well our MGF is in use all year, but when the first snow appears, I'll be putting my snow tyres/wheels on. I don't want to be cut off for days at a time like last year!
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Re: Winters coming 13 years 6 months ago #18175

Might see if I can get the de-locked doors on the red F

Adjustable front splitter might move on during winter too

loads of little tidy up jobs to do

maybe build up a spare top notch engine too if cash allows, with bigger fordged pistons, bigger liners, ported head and all cammed up

all depends on the weather though, everything I do is done outside :(
Youtube channel of mods an track pics

http://www.youtube.com/user/busternorris?feature=mhum

Website: http://www.roughluckracing.com/ MG Rover Mobile Repairs Nationwide and Western Europe

Re: Winters coming 13 years 6 months ago #18181

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
I'm gonna practice lap times on the Playstation. :)

Re: Winters coming 13 years 6 months ago #18194

Gonna try and get the Cheetah kit modded and fitted - all the extra fibreglass has got to help stability in slippery conditions right? :lol:

Re: Winters coming 13 years 6 months ago #18201

Gonna try and get the Cheetah kit modded and fitted - all the extra fibreglass has got to help stability in slippery conditions right? :lol:

Do you mean more bits to knock off?
David

Re: Winters coming 13 years 6 months ago #18213

Bloody hope not! After spending the money on it if anyone knocks it off I will probably kill them on the spot (once I've got it on of course!).

checked today and the damaged front arch extension is not deformed just cracked and crazed - so what's easiest way to 'refurb' it? I was thinking strengthen on back with Fibreglass mat/resin then grind off surface areas where the crazing is and use P38 and then gradually sand and refill till smooth and shiny?

Re: Winters coming 13 years 6 months ago #18215

Bloody hope not! After spending the money on it if anyone knocks it off I will probably kill them on the spot (once I've got it on of course!).

checked today and the damaged front arch extension is not deformed just cracked and crazed - so what's easiest way to 'refurb' it? I was thinking strengthen on back with Fibreglass mat/resin then grind off surface areas where the crazing is and use P38 and then gradually sand and refill till smooth and shiny?

That's what I would have suggested.B)
David

Re: Winters coming 13 years 6 months ago #18221

The battery was eventually reconditioned and fully charged this morning, only 22 hours! Mind you charging at 2amps will always take a while.

Reconnected the battery and was suprised the alarm didn't sound, then the remote didn't unlock the doors, then the imobiliser wouldn't clear, second press on the remote it cleared, quick turn of the key and she fired up, first time since the begining of September.

Quick pump with the MG/Rover emergancy pump kit from the ZR and off we went.

Re: Winters coming 13 years 6 months ago #18288

Getting the engine leak sorted out this week..well looked at anyway. I want to put a hardtop on the car, but need to get one...how much is the going rate for a used one?
Thinking of adding bits to the engine over the winter..maybe a new exhaust...new wheels/tyres/brakes maybe! The soft top needs looking at as I believe the car is leaking and the screen is clouded. That will do for starters!

OhI am seriously considering getting the Moto-build body kit once the engine is sorted! Anybody have any info on these guys or experience with the body kit?

Last edit: Post by Ned.

Re: Winters coming 13 years 6 months ago #18294

Getting the engine leak sorted out this week..well looked at anyway. I want to put a hardtop on the car, but need to get one...how much is the going rate for a used one?
Thinking of adding bits to the engine over the winter..maybe a new exhaust...new wheels/tyres/brakes maybe! The soft top needs looking at as I believe the car is leaking and the screen is clouded. That will do for starters!

OhI am seriously considering getting the Moto-build body kit once the engine is sorted! Anybody have any info on these guys or experience with the body kit?

What sort of engine leak?

A hardtop £350-£450, But a lot of people run the car all year without a hardtop.

Brakes - I'll be making an announcement regarding upgraded brake packages soon.

Soft top does need to be waterproofed annually, but a lot of leaks are badly adjusted windows.

You can improve the rear screen by cleaning it, then giving both sides a covering of car polish wax. Autoglym resin polish applied and polished to a shine inside and out makes a big improvement.

Talk to Adamelphic about body kits!
David

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT