Sign In   Register

Topic

Re: Winters coming 13 years 6 months ago #18296

Getting the engine leak sorted out this week..well looked at anyway. I want to put a hardtop on the car, but need to get one...how much is the going rate for a used one?
Thinking of adding bits to the engine over the winter..maybe a new exhaust...new wheels/tyres/brakes maybe! The soft top needs looking at as I believe the car is leaking and the screen is clouded. That will do for starters!

OhI am seriously considering getting the Moto-build body kit once the engine is sorted! Anybody have any info on these guys or experience with the body kit?

What sort of engine leak?Have a small oil leak that leaves nasty little patches on my drive.
A hardtop £350-£450, But a lot of people run the car all year without a hardtop.
I would rather spend the money elsewhere, but as stated I think I have bad sealing with the soft top and I cant see out the rear screen
Brakes - I'll be making an announcement regarding upgraded brake packages soon.
Sweet
Soft top does need to be waterproofed annually, but a lot of leaks are badly adjusted windows.
Ok will look into this. Any tips on how to check this out?
You can improve the rear screen by cleaning it, then giving both sides a covering of car polish wax. Autoglym resin polish applied and polished to a shine inside and out makes a big improvement.
Ok will defo give this a go
Talk to Adamelphic about body kits!hmm not sure if this means a good thing or a bad thing!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Ned.

Re: Winters coming 13 years 6 months ago #18307

The best idea is to post a few photos of how your windows meets the rubber seals around the roof.
*You can add photos directly from your computer as an attachment.
The windows are almost infinitely adjustable! Also the window cheater(triangular bit with the mirror attached) are also adjustable.

The hood should feel dry underneath even in rain, otherwise it needs waterproofing.
David
:shrug:

Re: Winters coming 13 years 6 months ago #18333

Got the new roof on so that needs a little adjustment.
Got a technical grey/black/sparkle centre console to replace the black one - it does seem odd that the instrument binnacle is technical grey but the centre console is plain black but then the trim in my car does seem to be a Friday afternoon factory combination.
New cigarette lighter to replace the one that got trashed by a cheap USB power adaptor snapping inside it.
Back with front wheel drive and 181HP at the wheels :)

Re: Winters coming 13 years 6 months ago #18656

Getting the engine leak sorted out this week..well looked at anyway. I want to put a hardtop on the car, but need to get one...how much is the going rate for a used one?
Thinking of adding bits to the engine over the winter..maybe a new exhaust...new wheels/tyres/brakes maybe! The soft top needs looking at as I believe the car is leaking and the screen is clouded. That will do for starters!

OhI am seriously considering getting the Moto-build body kit once the engine is sorted! Anybody have any info on these guys or experience with the body kit?

What sort of engine leak?Have a small oil leak that leaves nasty little patches on my drive.
A hardtop £350-£450, But a lot of people run the car all year without a hardtop.
I would rather spend the money elsewhere, but as stated I think I have bad sealing with the soft top and I cant see out the rear screen
Brakes - I'll be making an announcement regarding upgraded brake packages soon.
Sweet
Soft top does need to be waterproofed annually, but a lot of leaks are badly adjusted windows.
Ok will look into this. Any tips on how to check this out?
You can improve the rear screen by cleaning it, then giving both sides a covering of car polish wax. Autoglym resin polish applied and polished to a shine inside and out makes a big improvement.
Ok will defo give this a go
Talk to Adamelphic about body kits!hmm not sure if this means a good thing or a bad thing!

I've managed to get a hardtop at a price I was happy with. What is needed to get it set up. I know it goes on quite easily, but what else do I require? It's got the rear defrost so I want to set that up, so I think I need the switch and relay etc. Is that right?

Sorry to be a pain...Im hopeless with this sort of thing!

Re: Winters coming 13 years 6 months ago #18657

Ok You will have to adjust the catches to get a good waterproof fit, assuming that the softtop was adjusted OK.
The wiring for the HRW is already there, tucked under the carpet on the N/s of the parcel shelf/tBAR somewhere.
You will need the appropriate switch(ebay). The relay is a standard automotive relay. I got one from Maplins. It fits into the bottom right position to the right of the under steering wheel fuse box.
David

Last edit: Post by PQD44. Reason: Unneeded quote removed

Re: Winters coming 13 years 6 months ago #18658

On of these relays.

It fits here.
David

Re: Winters coming 13 years 6 months ago #18664

Thanks David. You wouldn't have a part number by chance?:blush:

I found this one:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=6436

or this one:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=37526

Last edit: Post by Ned.

Re: Winters coming 13 years 6 months ago #18747

It needs to have this terminal arrangement.

It's a standard 40amp 4 connector auto relay.
David

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Re: Winters coming 13 years 6 months ago #18750

Thanks again David. One last question...any tips on how to fit the HT?:huh:

Re: Winters coming 13 years 6 months ago #18751

Thanks again David. One last question...any tips on how to fit the HT?:huh:

Sorry mate, I haven't got one, maybe some other member may have some advice.
David

Re: Winters coming 13 years 5 months ago #19308

HT is on and I have got the switch and relay. I've installed the switch (I think) as I connected it to a blue plug I found behind the bank of switches. However I can't see an empty relay socket. There are yellow and red relays but nothing empty. Im not getting anything from the switch, light wise so I figure there has to be something somewhere. Any ideas folks?

Re: Winters coming 13 years 5 months ago #19309

Some bad pics of the fuse box:
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT