Sign In   Register

Topic

Re: Woohoo! The new forum is up and running. 13 years 6 months ago #17701

Hooray for hotels with wireless and an even bigger hooray for BT Broadband customers getting free BT Openzone access. I still won't be on much, off to Beaulieu with a two year old F1 maniac tomorrow.
Back with front wheel drive and 181HP at the wheels :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Woohoo! The new forum is up and running. 13 years 6 months ago #17708

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
I hope it's free wireless!
David
:shrug:

Re: Woohoo! The new forum is up and running. 13 years 6 months ago #17729

Just to keep people updated, Simon is working flat out to correct the odd bug or two.

I know, he keeps telling us!, but he is doing a wonderful job. i understand that we always have to blame CLIVE!!!:silly: :ohmy:

Re: Woohoo! The new forum is up and running. 13 years 6 months ago #17730

• David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David

Just to keep people updated, Simon is working flat out to correct the odd bug or two.

I know, he keeps telling us!, but he is doing a wonderful job. i understand that we always have to blame CLIVE!!!:silly: :ohmy:

you got it!:lol:
David

Re: Woohoo! The new forum is up and running. 13 years 6 months ago #17731

Thanks for the welcome
hope to get on your nerves on here for quite a while
It's only right that all F & TF drivers get together to prove that their woth it!!

A big welcome to the new forum, we are a great friendly bunch and be assured you wont get on anybody's nerves (well maybe Clive) Start your download.:blink:

Re: Woohoo! The new forum is up and running. 13 years 6 months ago #17732

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
The impressive bit even with clive onboard, is the new forum hasn't crashed yet, still waiting for it to go all horribly wrong :S

Re: Woohoo! The new forum is up and running. 13 years 6 months ago #17737

The impressive bit even with clive onboard, is the new forum hasn't crashed yet, still waiting for it to go all horribly wrong :S

Keep praying :evil:

Re: Woohoo! The new forum is up and running. 13 years 6 months ago #17745

• David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David

Be careful of what you wish for!
David

Re: Woohoo! The new forum is up and running. 13 years 6 months ago #17746

Well I managed to get in after three attempts and its looking good.
Chris

Re: Woohoo! The new forum is up and running. 13 years 6 months ago #17772

Simon, i think the "Subscribe" link is a great tool, so much easier to see replies by email without logging on. my email inbox is open 24/7:P

Re: Woohoo! The new forum is up and running. 13 years 6 months ago #17892

Hey guys :D thank god the resurrection has begun

being a top poster on the t-bar i was really dissapointed it died out however i think a few things might make it busy again and more to the point make me and others more inclined to stop here before other forums

first of all KEEP IT SIMPLE!!!

i stoppped posting on the t-bar when it got all complicated, all the best will in the world to kara she's far more technologically serfisticated than me and links to facebook/twitter and all the update stuff floating around was just too much for me and made going on the forum an effort (Spending my main job at the NHS around computers and part time at orange with evan more complicated ones i like my privet browsing as uncompliocated as possible, im sure im not the only one! and as i now use nearly 10 forums i avoid ones where things are a paint to find or view)

on that theme my other sujesterion revolves around the same theme of keep it simple

the bar was at its best when it was a small chat room

and i mean small as in areas to read posts not the numbers of posts (there is a colleration i reckon between a site with a few small ares which see a high traffic than a site where everything is spread out

if posts are concentrated it makes going into that area worth while as your likly to see several new posts

so

heres my suggestion, on the main page have this:

Newbies! - Post here and say hi! (which could and should imo be combined with general chat) so liek this:

Official Residence - Post your questions/suggestions here and find the forum rules and hear about forum annoucements and benefits!

General Chat - Talk about anything and everything (and say hi if your new!!!) [which i think is better than a newbie area as im a bugger for never visiting them myself to welcome new people lol]

so as well as general chat then

F/TF Chat - Everything F/TF related including techincal questions and problems and pics of your pride and joy!

Meets/Events - Post upcoming meets and pictures of meets and runs you've been on

How To's - In there have a list of all the how to's/resources which are now on the main page

Trade directory

For sale

Wanted

note a pets corner could be a linked separate are in general chat you know like the BRM area in the R25/ZR section of .org

once the forum picks up again the general chat area may need to be split but i very much doubt it

thoes few areas im sure will be more accessible, more often visited and much busier!

hope i've made a good argument for what i reckon would really improve the site (And i know from talking to people face to face is what allot of people want

adam
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Re: Woohoo! The new forum is up and running. 13 years 6 months ago #17896

• David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David

Hey guys :D thank god the resurrection has begun

being a top poster on the t-bar i was really dissapointed it died out however i think a few things might make it busy again and more to the point make me and others more inclined to stop here before other forums

first of all KEEP IT SIMPLE!!!

i stoppped posting on the t-bar when it got all complicated, all the best will in the world to kara she's far more technologically serfisticated than me and links to facebook/twitter and all the update stuff floating around was just too much for me and made going on the forum an effort (Spending my main job at the NHS around computers and part time at orange with evan more complicated ones i like my privet browsing as uncompliocated as possible, im sure im not the only one! and as i now use nearly 10 forums i avoid ones where things are a paint to find or view)

on that theme my other sujesterion revolves around the same theme of keep it simple

the bar was at its best when it was a small chat room

and i mean small as in areas to read posts not the numbers of posts (there is a colleration i reckon between a site with a few small ares which see a high traffic than a site where everything is spread out

if posts are concentrated it makes going into that area worth while as your likly to see several new posts

so

heres my suggestion, on the main page have this:

Newbies! - Post here and say hi! (which could and should imo be combined with general chat) so liek this:

Official Residence - Post your questions/suggestions here and find the forum rules and hear about forum annoucements and benefits!

General Chat - Talk about anything and everything (and say hi if your new!!!) [which i think is better than a newbie area as im a bugger for never visiting them myself to welcome new people lol]

so as well as general chat then

F/TF Chat - Everything F/TF related including techincal questions and problems and pics of your pride and joy!

Meets/Events - Post upcoming meets and pictures of meets and runs you've been on

How To's - In there have a list of all the how to's/resources which are now on the main page

Trade directory

For sale

Wanted

note a pets corner could be a linked separate are in general chat you know like the BRM area in the R25/ZR section of .org

once the forum picks up again the general chat area may need to be split but i very much doubt it

thoes few areas im sure will be more accessible, more often visited and much busier!

hope i've made a good argument for what i reckon would really improve the site (And i know from talking to people face to face is what allot of people want

adam

Thanks for that, Adam.

Interestingly, we have discussed a lot of your ideas, and the word SIMPLIFY has come up a lot!

We are happy to have ideas thrown at us, as a forum is only as good as its posters!
Cheers.
David

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT