Sign In   Register

Topic

Irony or just naff luck? 13 years 6 months ago #17085

Had the TF off the road for 2 weeks as I suspected the dreaded HGF!!! Thanks to Russell and a thorough pressure check all was well!! Happy with that, whilst the engine bay was open Russell fitted the K&N Apollo air filter I had been itching to get in. A much less expensive bill. ;)
Fantastic stuff, what a lovely feel the old girl has now on acceleration, along with the stainless steel cat back exhaust system. I have the smile of a man eating bananas sideways!!!!! Purrs like a contented Tiger at the lights!!!Sports Cat next month!!! :o Off I went for a very much missed "burn" in (quote from girlfriend) "the 1st lady in your life".
All good, or so it seemed, around an hour after returning from the trip,my neighbour knocks on the door and confesses to reversing into my front offside wing!!!!! Typical eh? :mad:
Off the road for 2 weeks and having to borrow my Dads noddy car, bless it, just isn't right driving a 1.2 Corsa, :frown:but at least it gets me to work and very thankful for it's availability.
Still at least no one hurt and £170 worth of damage being fixed next week.(Courtesy of neighbour!)
Have any you out there suffered similar? Or worse?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Irony or just naff luck? 13 years 6 months ago #17087

Had the TF off the road for 2 weeks as I suspected the dreaded HGF!!! Thanks to Russell and a thorough pressure check all was well!! Happy with that, whilst the engine bay was open Russell fitted the K&N Apollo air filter I had been itching to get in. A much less expensive bill. ;)
Fantastic stuff, what a lovely feel the old girl has now on acceleration, along with the stainless steel cat back exhaust system. I have the smile of a man eating bananas sideways!!!!! Purrs like a contented Tiger at the lights!!!Sports Cat next month!!! :o Off I went for a very much missed "burn" in (quote from girlfriend) "the 1st lady in your life".
All good, or so it seemed, around an hour after returning from the trip,my neighbour knocks on the door and confesses to reversing into my front offside wing!!!!! Typical eh? :mad:
Off the road for 2 weeks and having to borrow my Dads noddy car, bless it, just isn't right driving a 1.2 Corsa, :frown:but at least it gets me to work and very thankful for it's availability.
Still at least no one hurt and £170 worth of damage being fixed next week.(Courtesy of neighbour!)
Have any you out there suffered similar? Or worse?

At least the culprit owned up. There's many a person would just have driven away in the hope that they hadn't been spotted.

Mind you, if it's your neighbour, it's a bit more difficult for them to avoid responsibility.

Then again, There are good people out there.:yesnod: -Like Russell!
David
:shrug:

Irony or just naff luck? 13 years 6 months ago #17091

Well I can join you on this one...
Quick summery.. I bought Tigger, my electric orange F two weeks ago.. I hadnt been over to my mother in laws for a few weeks cos I hadnt been well. So anyway on the friday I decide to go over and see her and show her the new car.. Sat there having a coffee and a chat and there is a knock on the door. MIL's across the road friend says.. Is that one of your family's orange car outside, I yell, yeah its mine.. Sorry she says I have just reversed into the back of it... Now the back of it is, my wheel arch and bumper.. Nice crack in the paint, missing paint and a nice black mark all over the bumper...
We are still waiting on her insurance to sort this out and its gonna be an interesting one.. So far we have found 4 different shades of Ford ST Electric orange ;)
Angel to Devil in 0.2 seconds...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oi, stop using foul language or I'll give you one!

Irony or just naff luck? 13 years 6 months ago #17093

Well I can join you on this one...
Quick summery.. I bought Tigger, my electric orange F two weeks ago.. I hadnt been over to my mother in laws for a few weeks cos I hadnt been well. So anyway on the friday I decide to go over and see her and show her the new car.. Sat there having a coffee and a chat and there is a knock on the door. MIL's across the road friend says.. Is that one of your family's orange car outside, I yell, yeah its mine.. Sorry she says I have just reversed into the back of it... Now the back of it is, my wheel arch and bumper.. Nice crack in the paint, missing paint and a nice black mark all over the bumper...
We are still waiting on her insurance to sort this out and its gonna be an interesting one.. So far we have found 4 different shades of Ford ST Electric orange ;)

How the hell do you not see a bright orange car?
David

Irony or just naff luck? 13 years 6 months ago #17094

How the hell do you not see a bright orange car?

Strange that David, that is exactly what both me and my other half said when I told him.. Its not like Tigger blends in anywhere is it!!!

Irony or just naff luck? 13 years 6 months ago #17096

Strange that David, that is exactly what both me and my other half said when I told him.. Its not like Tigger blends in anywhere is it!!!

Exactly, I mean I could understand... maybe... if it was primer grey, but Vibrant orange, come on!
David

Irony or just naff luck? 13 years 6 months ago #17105

and just to prove a point, here is Tigger.. Not the best pic by far, but it I think you get the point...

Irony or just naff luck? 13 years 6 months ago #17107

Had to look twice there, nearly missed it!
David

Irony or just naff luck? 13 years 6 months ago #17108

Had to look twice there, nearly missed it!

Hmmm you wasnt over my mil's neighbours house a week last friday where you????? Lol

Irony or just naff luck? 13 years 6 months ago #17122

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Maybe if you had parked here I could understand.

Irony or just naff luck? 13 years 6 months ago #17128

Lol Clive, it really dont bear thinking about...

Irony or just naff luck? 13 years 6 months ago #17131

Where has the MG gone?? can spot it if you look hard!!

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT