Sign In   Register

Topic

front splitter 13 years 6 months ago #16042

Has anyone had front end going light on the motorway or B roads, well I've just fitted a splitter and now the car drives much better with the front not going light!

I brought the splitter (fibre glass) off fleabay £54.00 plus postage....easy to fit the splitter up come with all the bolts you need. Centering this splitter is vital and would use masking tape for support when doing the trial fit.

Jack up the car onto axle stands gives the clearance for drilling the pilot holes required for the bolts.
The way I got centre was to centre from the front MG badge to the centre of the splitter (the middle support) centred using masking tape as I was doing this on my own.

Once all checked for eveness and checking that this would not catch on any moving part the commitment of drill to front bumper commenced. 15 mins later splitter fixed to car. Either use the self tap 10mm headed bolts or use 10mm bolts with washers and nuts...your choice. Once tightened no gaps looking a pretty professional fit:yesnod:

The splitter is finished in black and mine just required a polish as the car colour is antracite no need to spray to match.

I feel this for me was a worthy addition, proud of my work I showed the wife, though my wife put some biscuits on the splitter as she felt it was a shelf:confused:.....anyway....test drove and found a very noticible and confident difference with the road holding:)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

front splitter 13 years 6 months ago #16051

I believe a lot of people find a huge difference in the handling at high speeds after fitting a splitter, I certainly did. What splitter did you get? Trophy or KH? :withoutpics:

:lol:

front splitter 13 years 6 months ago #16055

Yes, I suspect it's the K&H splitter as you wouldn't be able to put biscuits on a trophy splitter.:lol:

They definitely stabilise the front end at speed, with or without biscuits.
David
:shrug:

front splitter 13 years 6 months ago #16066

it was the k&h, the browser link below, this bloke is not too far from me and use to race MGFs as i found out on collection of the splitter. I will get some pictures.................soon :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROVER-MGF-RACE-STYLE-FRONT-SPLITTER-DOWNFORCER-/230483912308?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35a9e96674

hobnobs and bourbons biscuits are the best !

front splitter 13 years 6 months ago #16067

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks for the info - as a splitter is high on my 'to do' list ;)

I think you could get hobnobs on a Trophy splitter if you dunked them first - bourbons get a bit slimy :lol:

front splitter 13 years 6 months ago #16079

Yes, I suspect it's the K&H splitter as you wouldn't be able to put biscuits on a trophy splitter.:lol:

They definitely stabilise the front end at speed, with or without biscuits.

It apperars to be the Motobuild Racing splitter that they use on their race cars and is on there website for £64 plus postage (£15) they are selling them on ebay for £59 plus postage. they are black glassfibre and contrast well with hob knobs or bourbons!!

front splitter 13 years 6 months ago #16087

That's the one I fitted too, after I 'removed' the original trophy splitter on a hidden drain on the roadside. Oops!

David

My splitter 13 years 6 months ago #16092

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Tried this one, quite happy, not sure about practicality though;)

front splitter 13 years 6 months ago #16094

• Visitor
  • Visitor

Tried this one, quite happy, not sure about practicality though;)

Is that the Seat Leon splitter?

front splitter 13 years 6 months ago #16095

Yes that's the Leon splitter which will fit onto the TF(with a bit of fettling).

The TF diesn't suffer the same level of front end lift problems as the F. so I don't know whether it has much effect. :dunno:
David

front splitter 13 years 6 months ago #16098

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Yes its the Leon, and the front end stability is improved beyond your wildest dreams ;-)

front splitter 13 years 6 months ago #16105

Yes its the Leon, and the front end stability is improved beyond your wildest dreams ;-)

That's interesting, never having driven a TF, I was led to understand that as standard it was much better than the F.
Obviously not that much better then?:dunno:
David

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT