Sign In   Register

Topic

Anyone know a reliable Mechanic near Sandhurst. 13 years 9 months ago #14933

Need to get my clutch replaced, and having a bloody nightmare...
I have had several prices, Mr Clutch want about £350.00, a local mechanic has quoted £400.00, but said he would call me back on Tuesday and now does not answer his phone, another mechanic who is a friend of a friend said £500.00 and yet another mechanic had quoted £465.00, but cannot do it till the end of NEXT WEEK!!!}

I am concerned about going to Mr Clutch though as I have heard horror stories....

I rely on my car to get to work and I fear the lifts may start to dry up soon...

:(
2003 MGTF Monogram Edition. Celestial Blue, Black Leather.No. 19 of 99 Built 11 Spoke Alloys. AP brakes.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Anyone know a reliable Mechanic near Sandhurst. 13 years 9 months ago #14934

Try:-
Imperial Automotive, The Workshops, 35 Hatch ride, Crowthorne, Berks' GU470QS. Tel 07988 756369.
Beech Hill Garage, Beech Hill, Reading, Berkshire, RG7 2AU. Tel: 0118 988 4774 / 5774 Fax: 0118 988 4864

I don't know them, but they are recommended on another site.
David
:shrug:

Anyone know a reliable Mechanic near Sandhurst. 13 years 9 months ago #14935

thanks David... I had forgotten about Beech Hill.... I have used them for spare before... as for Imperial Automotive... I now know the name of the garage that the mechanic who wont return my calls works for.....
2003 MGTF Monogram Edition. Celestial Blue, Black Leather.No. 19 of 99 Built 11 Spoke Alloys. AP brakes.

Anyone know a reliable Mechanic near Sandhurst. 13 years 9 months ago #14937

:p:pHahah!
David

Anyone know a reliable Mechanic near Sandhurst. 13 years 9 months ago #14938

and Beech Hill just quoted me £675.00.....

Anyone know a reliable Mechanic near Sandhurst. 13 years 9 months ago #14941

and Beech Hill just quoted me £675.00.....

Bargain...:dunno::shake:
David

Anyone know a reliable Mechanic near Sandhurst. 13 years 9 months ago #14942

not even sure the car is worth that now....

Anyone know a reliable Mechanic near Sandhurst. 13 years 9 months ago #14943

...Pay Clive to come down and do it?
David

Anyone know a reliable Mechanic near Sandhurst. 13 years 9 months ago #14944

...Pay Clive to come down and do it?

I would gladly do that.. it's a bloody long way though.. do you think he would be interested.. seriously?

Anyone know a reliable Mechanic near Sandhurst. 13 years 9 months ago #14945

No idea, tbh.
David

Anyone know a reliable Mechanic near Sandhurst. 13 years 9 months ago #14948

Need to get my clutch replaced, and having a bloody nightmare...
I have had several prices, Mr Clutch want about £350.00, a local mechanic has quoted £400.00, but said he would call me back on Tuesday and now does not answer his phone, another mechanic who is a friend of a friend said £500.00 and yet another mechanic had quoted £465.00, but cannot do it till the end of NEXT WEEK!!!}

I am concerned about going to Mr Clutch though as I have heard horror stories....

I rely on my car to get to work and I fear the lifts may start to dry up soon...

:(

i would not go to Mr Clutch, i know they dont use original parts and definately wont replace the clutch arm with a Mike Satur one or the same type from Rimmers which can be greased. Have you spoken to Russell Walsh (MG Rover Solutions) to see if he will do a MGF clutch, he is after all a trained MG Rover engineer and he comes to you. I dont know what the going rate is for an MGF clutch, but £650 seems reasonable and represents about 5 hours of workshop time and parts plus the dreaded VAT, at least Beech Hill will give you a warranty and so will Russell. It does seem a pity to scrap the car for the want of a new clutch!!

Anyone know a reliable Mechanic near Sandhurst. 13 years 9 months ago #14972

Good call, Bryan. Worth a shout to Russell. He does seem to have a pretty full diary, though. Perhaps he'd be able to suggest someone reliable.:dunno:
David

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT