Sign In   Register

Topic

Anyone know a reliable Mechanic near Sandhurst. 13 years 9 months ago #14975

UPDATE = Just got hold of the mechanic, he seems to be the sort of person who, unless he has news, does not bother to answer his phone / return calls or texts.
He is arranging a loan car for me and hoping to do the work on Monday, so all appears to be back on track...

Stay tuned for further news.....
2003 MGTF Monogram Edition. Celestial Blue, Black Leather.No. 19 of 99 Built 11 Spoke Alloys. AP brakes.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Anyone know a reliable Mechanic near Sandhurst. 13 years 9 months ago #14976

UPDATE = Just got hold of the mechanic, he seems to be the sort of person who, unless he has news, does not bother to answer his phone / return calls or texts.
He is arranging a loan car for me and hoping to do the work on Monday, so all appears to be back on track...

Stay tuned for further news.....

Better news! So, is this the guy from imperial?
David
:shrug:

Anyone know a reliable Mechanic near Sandhurst. 13 years 9 months ago #14978

Better news! So, is this the guy from imperial?

Thats him.. he was recommended by Dressur on the MG forums, and I have had several conversations with him in the last year or so, but this is the first time I have actually needed him to do anything for me.
2003 MGTF Monogram Edition. Celestial Blue, Black Leather.No. 19 of 99 Built 11 Spoke Alloys. AP brakes.

Anyone know a reliable Mechanic near Sandhurst. 13 years 9 months ago #14980

• Visitor
  • Visitor
have you tried Russell at MGRoverSolutions?

hes just done new head, suspension and few other bits on my MGF, only about 30 mins from sandhurst, and he comes out to you to do the work...

definately recommend him...

http://www.mgroversolutions.com/
Oz.

Anyone know a reliable Mechanic near Sandhurst. 13 years 9 months ago #14990

thanks ozzy, I know (of) Russell, I must admit, I did not give him a thought as I did not realise he did clutches...

Anyone know a reliable Mechanic near Sandhurst. 13 years 9 months ago #15009

Thats him.. he was recommended by Dressur on the MG forums, and I have had several conversations with him in the last year or so, but this is the first time I have actually needed him to do anything for me.

an an update, spoke to him yesterday, he was going to arrange a loan car for me, and was going to call me this morning to arrange, but nothing so popped around to his house as he lives locally... All was fine, he showed me the cars he was going to loan me, then said he would call me with details... nothing... texted him for an update, then got a text back about half an hour later saying that he was really sorry but he had to go to manchester "unexpectedly" bottom line is, it's too late in the day to get mr clutch to fix it (all I can afford) and the mrs is on the phone to her dad trying to explain why we are unable to get down to see her sick relative.
It's also too late in the day to hire a car....
I can emphasive enough how much you should steer clear of this man... he is a COMPLETE WASTE of SPACE

Anyone know a reliable Mechanic near Sandhurst. 13 years 9 months ago #15015

an an update, spoke to him yesterday, he was going to arrange a loan car for me, and was going to call me this morning to arrange, but nothing so popped around to his house as he lives locally... All was fine, he showed me the cars he was going to loan me, then said he would call me with details... nothing... texted him for an update, then got a text back about half an hour later saying that he was really sorry but he had to go to manchester "unexpectedly" bottom line is, it's too late in the day to get mr clutch to fix it (all I can afford) and the mrs is on the phone to her dad trying to explain why we are unable to get down to see her sick relative.
It's also too late in the day to hire a car....
I can emphasive enough how much you should steer clear of this man... he is a COMPLETE WASTE of SPACE

It's annoying and frustrating when this happens, but such is life.:dunno:
David

Anyone know a reliable Mechanic near Sandhurst. 13 years 9 months ago #15016

Tough break mate.. Sorry you got messed about..
Angel to Devil in 0.2 seconds...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oi, stop using foul language or I'll give you one!

Anyone know a reliable Mechanic near Sandhurst. 13 years 9 months ago #15027

• Visitor
  • Visitor

thanks ozzy, I know (of) Russell, I must admit, I did not give him a thought as I did not realise he did clutches...

pretty sure he can do anything... (car related anyway) :)

Anyone know a reliable Mechanic near Sandhurst. 13 years 9 months ago #15039

car now booked in for friday by another mechanic who I have used before last time who is very reliable.

Also got a pm on the "other" forum from the user who recommended this guy apologising profusely and pointing out that he also let her down in the past....

Anyone know a reliable Mechanic near Sandhurst. 13 years 9 months ago #15040

car now booked in for friday by another mechanic who I have used before last time who is very reliable.

Also got a pm on the "other" forum from the user who recommended this guy apologising profusely and pointing out that he also let her down in the past....

Good luck with it, keep us updated.
David

Anyone know a reliable Mechanic near Sandhurst. 13 years 8 months ago #15125

Good luck with it, keep us updated.

Just dropped the car off at the mechanics... a mate followed me in his van and dropped me home... drove 15 or so miles along the A30 much of which is unlit and National Speed limit at around 30 - 40 mph with a fair queue of traffic behind me... I feel I am not a popular man around these parts...

:)

now using this guy at MAC Motors MG , he did all the tricky stuff to get my car through the MOT last year, seems like a good guy... why I did not call him in the first place, I have NO idea...

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT