Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Alarm bells ringing... 13 years 10 months ago #14203

• kara's Avatar Topic Author
  • kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer
...literally!!! Slave's alarm keeps randomly going off for no apparent reason. It only seems to happen a couple of times a day but I've no idea what the cause could be!

Any ideas? :)

x

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Alarm bells ringing... 13 years 10 months ago #14205

...literally!!! Slave's alarm keeps randomly going off for no apparent reason. It only seems to happen a couple of times a day but I've no idea what the cause could be!

Any ideas? :)

x

Does the car have a volumetric sensor on the alarm system? If so, try locking the car with the key instead of the fob. This sets the alarm but not the internal volumetric sensor. See if that stops it going off.:dunno:
David
:shrug:

Alarm bells ringing... 13 years 10 months ago #14206

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Does it happen in the same place, at similar times?

Alarm bells ringing... 13 years 10 months ago #14208

Fleurs does the same (hence why her battery is permanently disconnected until her MOT is done!). It's totally random and might not happen for days (although it always seems to be at night just as I am going to bed!) It didn't do it when I first got her, just after a few months......

Alarm bells ringing... 13 years 10 months ago #14209

Mine does it too but only when its outside & sunny?
I think its the interior sensor. Im going to disconnect it one day

Alarm bells ringing... 13 years 10 months ago #14228

• kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer

Does the car have a volumetric sensor on the alarm system? If so, try locking the car with the key instead of the fob. This sets the alarm but not the internal volumetric sensor. See if that stops it going off.:dunno:

No idea if it has a volumetric sensor or not. :dunno: I'll try the key though! Thanks mate! :thumbsup:

Does it happen in the same place, at similar times?

No it's happened at work & at home so there's no pattern at all. :dunno:

Fleurs does the same (hence why her battery is permanently disconnected until her MOT is done!). It's totally random and might not happen for days (although it always seems to be at night just as I am going to bed!) It didn't do it when I first got her, just after a few months......

It's so embarassing... the contact centre is right next to the car park so I was sitting there working moaning with my mates about the idiot who's car alarm kept going off and then I realized it was Slave! :doh:

Mine does it too but only when its outside & sunny?
I think its the interior sensor. Im going to disconnect it one day

Hmm... mine seems to do it whatever the weather... maybe yours is annoyed because it's sunny and it wants to know why the hood isn't down! :lol:

Alarm bells ringing... 13 years 10 months ago #14230

Kara, you are not far away from Saint Russell (Russell Walsh) he will be able to tell what the problem is with his T4 diagonistic computer, it may just want "blitzing" and resetting ~ it could be as simple as a resident spider setting off the volumetric alarm as he or she moves around inside the car building a web. OR OR it could be an automatic weight warning!!, does it happen when you are eating your third secret doughnut????? only joking, you are lovely xxx

Alarm bells ringing... 13 years 10 months ago #14261

• kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer

Kara, you are not far away from Saint Russell (Russell Walsh) he will be able to tell what the problem is with his T4 diagonistic computer, it may just want "blitzing" and resetting ~ it could be as simple as a resident spider setting off the volumetric alarm as he or she moves around inside the car building a web. OR OR it could be an automatic weight warning!!, does it happen when you are eating your third secret doughnut????? only joking, you are lovely xxx

You know it's funny you should say that as I've noticed a couple of spider webs in cabin recently... Although surely the alarm isn't that sensitive???

As for the diet let's just say im failing miserably! I ran an incentive at work that won our team a huge hamper filled with chocolates & sweets! So I've caved in quite a few times this week! :blush:

Alarm bells ringing... 13 years 10 months ago #14263

Disconnected my sensor first thing this morning..............no false alarms today!
I can lock it with the remote now & dont worry about the alarm going off all the time.

Alarm bells ringing... 13 years 10 months ago #14272

• kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer
Glad to here it worked!

I tried it to but then I remembered the locking mechanism hasn't worked ever since I took the handle off to fit chrome ones! Well that job's been bumped up on my list of priorities now! :lol:

Alarm bells ringing... 13 years 10 months ago #14280

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Yep, too much chrome can effect the alarm system. :)

Alarm bells ringing... 13 years 10 months ago #14282

• kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer

Yep, too much chrome can effect the alarm system. :)

You'd think they'd warn people... I think I'll stick to Brushed Ali... unless that effects the handling :dunno:

;)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT