Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Rear Screen 13 years 11 months ago #13321

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I'm going to replace my cracked rear screen, any idea how long it will take? I have read some of the how to's but there is a difference in time.
Times range from 30mins to 3hrs with a new plastic screen.
Also where is the best place to buy one from?
I would love to put a glass one in, is there a difference in paterns?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Rear Screen 13 years 11 months ago #13323

I'm going to replace my cracked rear screen, any idea how long it will take? I have read some of the how to's but there is a difference in time.

If you want to go to glass, you need the whole rear panel as the glass is smaller that the plastic window.

If you get a replacement screen and panel it is relatively simple as long as the zip is the same.

I used a replacement fitting service near Heathrow - It took them about 45 minutes and cost £100.

There are a few people offering this service cheaper now on Ebay.
David
:shrug:

Rear Screen 13 years 11 months ago #13325

if your fitting a glass screen it will take you a about 3 hours depending how good you are at d.i.y as david as said you need to change the full back panel as the glass screen is smaller.

Rear Screen 13 years 11 months ago #13326

I've heard good things about:

http://www.carhoodsscotland.co.uk/

They have glass ones towards the bottom of the page.

Rear Screen 13 years 11 months ago #13327

Go Glass.. see my guide in the help sections... its easy enough to DIY it,

Rear Screen 13 years 11 months ago #13329

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Would love a glass screen, might just stick a new plastic one in for now as ther are a few other things i want to do to the car first. stainless exhaust, replace all discs and pads, repair one wheel along with some minor cracks in front bumper.:)

Rear Screen 13 years 11 months ago #13343

Hi Bookearly ~ i would go glass, as Adam said it is a relitavely easy Diy job, MGFMANIA are doing them for £185 plus carriage. switch and relay £10 extra. they fit for £50 so its not exactly time consuming. the Carhoods company have national branches and supply and fit new plastic ones for around £110, takes 45 to 60mins to do. the ones on fleabay which are much cheaper are apparently using thinner cheaper plastic and stitch this into your donor panel. ~ ther are two types of zip that were used so you have to tell the supplier the exact type of hood you have. My 1996 MGF was fitted with a later style one piece hood in 2005, which has a different zip from the original type. Glass is one of the jobs i am going to do. good luck with the Stainless steel exhaust!! ~ regards Bryan

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT