• Page:

Topic

MGF/TF Wiki 14 years 2 days ago #12855

• psymon's Avatar Topic Author
  • psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
I'm thinking of putting together an MGF/TF Wiki.

Anybody want to be involved / Be an author

I've put to a little demo together here http://www.mghut.com/wiki so you can get feel for it.

As Wiki's make it high up the search results on google etc. I intend to use it to drive extra traffic here as well, On every page we'll add something like "Discuss this Entry on The T-Bar"

What do you guys think?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MGF/TF Wiki 14 years 1 day ago #12858

I'm thinking of putting together an MGF/TF Wiki.

Anybody want to be involved / Be an author

I've put to a little demo together here http://www.mghut.com/wiki so you can get feel for it.

As Wiki's make it high up the search results on google etc. I intend to use it to drive extra traffic here as well, On every page we'll add something like "Discuss this Entry on The T-Bar"

What do you guys think?

Looks to be an excellent idea!:yesnod:
David
:shrug:

MGF/TF Wiki 14 years 1 day ago #12859

That's a damn fine plan!

MGF/TF Wiki 14 years 1 day ago #12867

Love it mate! An excellent idea! :thumbsup:

I looked at a vBulletin Articles/Wiki mod for the T-Bar which looked pretty good and I've been thinking of turning the guides section into an article section instead but there's no reason why we can't do both and link to both. Makes sense to link the two and then both sites benefit.

Let me know what you think! :)

MGF/TF Wiki 14 years 1 day ago #12870

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
Linking the two was the route i was taking, in aroundabout sort of way.
Having the articles here with a link over to mysite for the more static information would be perfect.

Not sure if there is a vbulletin plugin for it (i'll have a look). But using Syntax highlighting linking could be automatic. For example if the word steering Rack appeared within an article the word Steering Rack would be turned into link over to the Wiki page on Steering racks and inturn a link back to the article from there.

This would create a massive amount of Inbound Links to each site, Which is one of biggest considerations that google makes when page ranking. the more inbound links the higher the page rank, Content takes a back seat.

As you say we would both benefit.

Excluding .org, Most of my traffic comes via Pete vick

MGF/TF Wiki 14 years 1 day ago #12874

Linking the two was the route i was taking, in aroundabout sort of way.
Having the articles here with a link over to mysite for the more static information would be perfect.

Not sure if there is a vbulletin plugin for it (i'll have a look). But using Syntax highlighting linking could be automatic. For example if the word steering Rack appeared within an article the word Steering Rack would be turned into link over to the Wiki page on Steering racks and inturn a link back to the article from there.

This would create a massive amount of Inbound Links to each site, Which is one of biggest considerations that google makes when page ranking. the more inbound links the higher the page rank, Content takes a back seat.

As you say we would both benefit.

Excluding .org, Most of my traffic comes via Pete vick

There's a vB plugin for the articles available here: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=211638&highlight=article ...regarding linking the two sites that's a toughie... I'll search vB.org for a good mod/plugin and you have a look at your end... hopefully the two of us can come up with a workaround.

The only small issue with the forum plugin is that the articles would appear on a separate page rather than the homepage so you'd only realize they were there if you spotted the link on the navbar but I might just create a small sub-forum on the homepage that then diverts you to the articles.

MGF/TF Wiki 14 years 1 hour ago #12913

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
I've decided not to integrate the Wiki into my current site. But instead start a dedicated Wiki site. I wasn't happy with the way it looked embeded in the site.

Now comes the tricky bit.

mgfwiki.com is the obivous name. anybody think of anything snazzier.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT