Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Poorly fitting carpets... 14 years 4 weeks ago #12081

Morning all..

Want to try to fix my poorly fitting carpets this weekend..... I am told that the best fix is to put additional carpet under the factory fitted carpet, does this involve removing the seats... if so, are there any hazards, ie, do I need to disconnect the battery?
2003 MGTF Monogram Edition. Celestial Blue, Black Leather.No. 19 of 99 Built 11 Spoke Alloys. AP brakes.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Poorly fitting carpets... 14 years 4 weeks ago #12085

Morning all..

Want to try to fix my poorly fitting carpets this weekend..... I am told that the best fix is to put additional carpet under the factory fitted carpet, does this involve removing the seats... if so, are there any hazards, ie, do I need to disconnect the battery?

No need to remove the seats. You can 'peel' the carpet edge back from the door side and get at the insulation panel underneath. Remove this and use it as a template to cut your extra thickness bits. This is also a good time to check for damp and/or rust and rectify this.

Hope that helps!

Poorly fitting carpets... 14 years 4 weeks ago #12092

top notch info from adam, only thing i would add is if you decide to take the seats out to make things a little easier is to disconnect the battery.

You will have to disconnect the seat belt pretensioner wire to remove the seats and you don't want to mess with the pre-tensioner/airbag circuit... airbags in the face hurt! lol

just disconnect the batter, leave the current to discharge for 10 minuets (have a brew or undo the seat bolts) and then take the seats out :) simples
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Poorly fitting carpets... 14 years 4 weeks ago #12104

David
:shrug:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT