Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Squeak from passenger front side of car 14 years 2 months ago #10512

Hi,

any ideas as to the squeak, i have lubed every rubber point with silicon spray, grease gunned all 4 suspension nipples until it oozed out.

wheels off no squeak, wheels on and left or hand lock squeak...also the pushing up and down its squeaks:dunno:....i am going squeaking mad the noise is noticable:frown:

Any practicle suggestions more than welcome.......could it be the track rod ens but on inspection the rubber is all in tack and not split as for the rubbers all look ok:dunno:, steering rack is positive with full movement......

confused and all squeaked out

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Squeak from passenger front side of car 14 years 2 months ago #10555

Hi,

any ideas as to the squeak, i have lubed every rubber point with silicon spray, grease gunned all 4 suspension nipples until it oozed out.

wheels off no squeak, wheels on and left or hand lock squeak...also the pushing up and down its squeaks:dunno:....i am going squeaking mad the noise is noticable:frown:

Any practicle suggestions more than welcome.......could it be the track rod ens but on inspection the rubber is all in tack and not split as for the rubbers all look ok:dunno:, steering rack is positive with full movement......

confused and all squeaked out

It's not the tyre rubbing on the plastic arch liner is it?:dunno:
David
:shrug:

Squeak from passenger front side of car 14 years 2 months ago #10574

No m8ty but all this info helps and reminds me areas I have checked and crossed off the list, all gassed up suspension and no rub marks either top or inside wheel arch, nor does the wheel touch anything inside......its a a bit irritating as the noise does sound a bit, now if it was to break it would solve the squeak :) it does not alter when transporting a passenger, it sounds when bounced and sounds when turned, could it be the suspension strut? as it has rubbers top and bottom, could the ones underneath have perished? or moved? just a very wild guess............

Squeak from passenger front side of car 14 years 2 months ago #10575

No m8ty but all this info helps and reminds me areas I have checked and crossed off the list, all gassed up suspension and no rub marks either top or inside wheel arch, nor does the wheel touch anything inside......its a a bit irritating as the noise does sound a bit, now if it was to break it would solve the squeak :) it does not alter when transporting a passenger, it sounds when bounced and sounds when turned, could it be the suspension strut? as it has rubbers top and bottom, could the ones underneath have perished? or moved? just a very wild guess............

First thing to eliminate are the needle roller bearings in the lower suspension arm... these are the same as the Metro and get damp, loose their grease and then begin to break down... a good squirt with a grease gun until clean grease oozes from the edges of the rubbers will sort that.

Then if it's not that it could be the lower suspension arm rear bush - mine has got some grit between it and the body and squeaks when going over bumps - when it's warmer I'll pop it off and clean it out.

As it is localised on one side it's unlikely to be roll-bar bushes.

Does it sound 'metallic squeak' or 'rubbery squeak'?

Squeak from passenger front side of car 14 years 2 months ago #10579

Thanks to everyone on this one, and yes I would say more of a Rubber squeak......
I have on order a pair of front lower rubber bushes for the suspension leg where it bolts onto the upper arm.

Squeak from passenger front side of car 14 years 2 months ago #10597

Are your track rod ends done up tight - a bit of movement in the taper might cause a squeak - same for the bottom ball joint.

Also - is your wheel bearing OK?
MG TF LE500 27 of 500

Squeak from passenger front side of car 14 years 2 months ago #10603

many thanks i'll check these points 2 morrow and let you know what the state of play is.

regards

Squeak from passenger front side of car 14 years 2 months ago #10860

Well some good news, gagged the wife and its so quiet in the car now....no seriously, I checked each shock absorber and found the passenger side could be compressed with just my fingers? the drivers side was ok......new gas adjustable shocks from Sussex classics and now no noise, no squeak or creek..........fitted these today in the rain.

One nightmare was the passenger side top absorber nut had been fastened all the way down? and would not release and had to split the nut/dremel with cutting discs, good laugh that was...anyway this may be my solution to this issue but the old shocks not working came as a shocker

Thanks for all the advice folks much appreciated

Squeak from passenger front side of car 14 years 2 months ago #10874

Well some good news, gagged the wife and its so quiet in the car now....no seriously, I checked each shock absorber and found the passenger side could be compressed with just my fingers? the drivers side was ok......new gas adjustable shocks from Sussex classics and now no noise, no squeak or creek..........fitted these today in the rain.

One nightmare was the passenger side top absorber nut had been fastened all the way down? and would not release and had to split the nut/dremel with cutting discs, good laugh that was...anyway this may be my solution to this issue but the old shocks not working came as a shocker

Thanks for all the advice folks much appreciated

Good to hear you've got to the bottom of the squeak, anyway.:yesnod:

You should have named this post:-
OLD SHOCKER SHOCKER :lollol:
David
:shrug:

Squeak from passenger front side of car 14 years 2 months ago #10889

David and Shelia that is a very absorbing issue and could shock causing a rebound that could send you up the creek to squeak of it!

LOL :) its good to laugh, many thanks

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT