Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Demisting. 1 year 4 months ago #200514

Being used to a heated windscreen, the enforced use of the F as a year round car shows up a shortcoming It takes a fair bit of demisting. I am going to try Rain X anti fog today , if I can get some. The car looks a bit low at the moment, too. Something to do with a 25 degree temperature drop since the Summer!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Demisting. 1 year 4 months ago #200518

That is now done. Buy the stuff in Halfords if you have money to burn but Asda have it too and theirs is a good bit cheaper!
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper, Notanumber

Demisting. 1 year 4 months ago #200528

And are the results in yet?

Demisting. 1 year 4 months ago #200532

Much improved. Needs another application in one part of the screen but the rear glass and side windows remain clear 8/10.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Demisting. 1 year 4 months ago #200539

Until 4 pm by which time I had nothing but an opaque irremovable mess. 0/10.

Demisting. 1 year 4 months ago #200545

I take it that you won’t be recommending this product. I have no doubt you will be removing the offending sludge, in which case could you do a “how to” just in case anyone else gives it a try. M

Demisting. 1 year 4 months ago #200549

I shall be spending lunchtime wiping down with IPA first then probably a strongish ammonia solution if I have any in the garage.

Demisting. 1 year 4 months ago #200607

Is it fair to follow this reasoning? The windscreen clears the fastest when the heater matrix is hot & the blower on max. First thing on a cold morning you only have the blower but if you push more air across the screen it will clear faster. However the blower is restricted to the voltage at the terminals, jack that voltage up & the fan runs faster, too much & it’ll blow. I have a similar motor on the bench at the moment running happily at eighteen volts & it’s no more than aired. Next move is a DC to DC up converter into a variable controller & dispense with the rotary switch.

Demisting. 1 year 4 months ago #200608

The chill factor will give hypothermia! You would need to lower the windows anyway, which, of course helps. The ideal solution would be a heated screen. I have copper tape that I could etch to make an element but for now, the hardtop and a fourth application of Rain X is making some difference.
I really ought to wire the mirrors through the hrw as well. Every electron counts on a cold morning!

Demisting. 1 year 4 months ago #200614

I know it seems counterintuitive but using the air conditioning is a very effective way to clear condensation mist from the windscreen as it’s dry air
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Demisting 1 year 4 months ago #200615

I seem to recall Talking Cars has / had a heated screen on his f. If he has / had one they were certainly made & there’s every chance one will be collecting dust in a storeroom somewhere.
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars, minimax

Demisting. 1 year 4 months ago #200616

Not at all. Air conditioning was used to clear aircraft cockpits of condensation and I wouldn't normally have a car without it. The F, alas wasn't fitted with it and I'm not planning to keep it for long enough to make it worth retrofitting.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT