Sign In   Register

Topic

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 9 years 4 hours ago #158520

No I could not especially as they don't each them to drive or control a car properly. All this gears are for going and brakes are for slowling Bollox for a start :doh: . Of course for me the car in the photo would have been a downer ..................................... I would be expecting it to drop bits on the road or break down any second as that is my experience of the Bini's. Used to pick up and drag many of them back to the dealers under warranty.

I was taught to change down before a corner and drive through the corner one never brakes in a corner as this can lose control. Of course only a few FWD cars about back then the Mini, 1100 series, Renaults model 16 and Triumph's 1300/1500 FWD models come to mind. Almost everything else was RWD. :P and Cross Ply tyres were still common fitment my own 1st car use 5.20x13 (Cross Ply) tyres. I took my last test abotu 20years ago for a PCV licence wich is far stricter that the normal driving test for cars and I passed that no problem even the hazard perception which again is cobblers as accordign to them you must not see it too soon only about the same time as the wally whom sat behind a desk dreaming it up. Notice the hazard too soon and press the button and you fail :bang: .

You might say that I am cynical :yesnod: these tests are not for safety at all just another revenue gathering exercise. Just look at the dreadful standard of driving on the roads today and the majority of those who cannot drive are those who have been through these tests.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matthews

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 8 years 11 months ago #159393

Sorry, been a while. We did an awesome activity day this month, results to be released soon..

In the meantime we're preparing for the Roundel Run, and there's still a few spaces..

We've also got a virtual version of the route..

If you want so sign up can you do so at the website..

www.theroundelrun.com/web
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 8 years 11 months ago #159416

I know most of that route as much of it is on old haunt roads. In fact Mum & Dad did their courting on Ranmore Common. One bit of the 217 at Hookwood would have been worth a few hundred yard detour and perhaps another check point at Blue Bird House which was the site of Cambells garage where the Blue Birds were built. We used to live just around the conrner on the way to Charlwood.

I also drove for Dorking Autos so those raods were my work place back then.

Traffic seems heavier now than I recall. You should have a pleasent drive anyway. I wish you all luck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matthews

Last edit: Post by Plezier.

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 8 years 10 months ago #160299

It's all gone quiet .......................................................... must be holiday season??

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate. Reason: sp

Re:The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 8 years 10 months ago #160472

• psymon
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
Just parked next to this one

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, Matthews

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 8 years 9 months ago #161076

As you know we've been a little busy doing The Roundel Run, so sorry for the radio silence!

But now that we've all caught up on some sleep, and some work, we're back!

In May we held a mini-gymkhana - a test of our cars. Not quite Ken Block​ style, but pretty close*.

We also had a guest, thanks to Hills of Bishop's Stortford Toyota.

Find out more, here:
http://www.lemons365.co.uk/car-reviews-news-blogs/

* not at all close. No even in the same universe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 8 years 9 months ago #161150

And the brake test results are in!

And they're a little surprising.

Did the Toyota GT86 - a brand new 2015 sports car - take the crown? Did any of the cars fail to match or best the Highway Code?

Only one way to find out.. read this:
http://www.lemons365.co.uk/car-reviews-news-blogs/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blow-in

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 8 years 9 months ago #161159

MGF did OK - I guess you are on standard brakes? Interesting the comment about ABS.

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 8 years 9 months ago #161161

It shows what most sensible people already know ........................................................... tyre grip is vital to stop quickly. Never mind the cornering!

Unless I missed it where/when were the penalty points added to those whom changed legal usable tyres justfot stickier ones to get better results on the track days???

I thought the buying uneccerssary perts resulted in penatly points. I seem to recall you getting some for having the pipes and radiator changed yet those are in fact service items really on the MGF like cam belts, brakes, and tyres they don't last forever.

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 8 years 9 months ago #161177

I'm interested in the go#karting event - http://www.lemons365.co.uk/go-karting-26th-september-2015/

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 8 years 9 months ago #161314

Yep, all standard, but i get the feeling they could do with being replaced before the next MOT..

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 8 years 9 months ago #161315

No penalty points for tyres..Bruce had his put on when he got the car and Alex did it after the disastrous results at Santa Pod.. tyres are considered consumables..

Time to create page: 0.244 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT