Sign In   Register

Topic

Car names 8 years 3 weeks ago #166543

A bean will always only be a bean, whereas A pee can be a great relief! :lol:
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, mgtftone

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Car names 8 years 3 weeks ago #166549

Very true :-? And you can not mix a bean with a pee.

Confucius say 'Man who cook bean and pea in same pot is unhygienic' :bust:

Tony B)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Last edit: Post by mgtftone. Reason: typo

Car names 8 years 3 weeks ago #166550

We've always had names for vehicles - I learnt to drive in a Hillman Minx affectionately know as 'Hettie' the Heap and there have been so many others over the years.
Nowadays I've 'Roxy' the TF; 'Desdemona' the Ducati; 'Xavier' the LHD X-Trail (285,000km and still going strong) 'Lucy' the Mitsubishi (number plate LCY) and 'Olive' the '72 Series III - so named for both her colour and her plate which is UIL......Olive Uil anyone....?

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, Mickle5, mgtftone

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping. Reason: Pics inserted :)

Car names 7 years 9 months ago #170078

We've always had names for vehicles - I learnt to drive in a Hillman Minx affectionately know as 'Hettie' the Heap and there have been so many others over the years.
Nowadays I've 'Roxy' the TF; 'Desdemona' the Ducati; 'Xavier' the LHD X-Trail (285,000km and still going strong) 'Lucy' the Mitsubishi (number plate LCY) and 'Olive' the '72 Series III - so named for both her colour and her plate which is UIL......Olive Uil anyone....?

Roxy is looking mighty fine Winko....I used to call mine Zorf...after the numberplate, but now that I have replaced the wheels with black ones and the car is now a more monochromic theme, my girlfriend calls him "Shadow" and I think that is now more appropriate....here is Shadow!

Sundance
The following user(s) said Thank You: Winko

Car names 7 years 9 months ago #170086

shadow sounds a bit more down to earth than zorf... :bust:
according to wiki...zorf is a green sea horse with a magenta tinge on its webbed head in a game called insaniquarium

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: SundanceUK, Winko

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Car names 7 years 9 months ago #170252

Did you have the wheels resprayed, or buy black ones? I'm toying with the idea of getting Roxy's refinished, but can't decide what colour.
Anyway, Shadow looks great, and could be a female name too, as I was brought up to understand cars, boats, planes etc are all female - as they carry people.. It's a good luck thing...and I'm superstitious.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SundanceUK

Car names 7 years 9 months ago #170273

Did you have the wheels resprayed, or buy black ones? I'm toying with the idea of getting Roxy's refinished, but can't decide what colour.
Anyway, Shadow looks great, and could be a female name too, as I was brought up to understand cars, boats, planes etc are all female - as they carry people.. It's a good luck thing...and I'm superstitious.

I've been toying with a name for my F for a while and have now decided on Penny. Because the registration is V499*** so its one penny short of a fiver.
Robin ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mickle5, SundanceUK

Last edit: Post by cairnsys. Reason: Typo

Car names 7 years 9 months ago #170276

Great name!
The only 'Penny' in my life was a stunner I met in Zermatt, many many years ago. Whilst she was in my life, she cost me a fortune, was always getting blingy things and needed constant attention to keep her sweet. She was also a most entertaining ride....
Hope your 'Penny' is as much fun.

Car names 7 years 9 months ago #170281

Great name!
The only 'Penny' in my life was a stunner I met in Zermatt, many many years ago. Whilst she was in my life, she cost me a fortune, was always getting blingy things and needed constant attention to keep her sweet. She was also a most entertaining ride....
Hope your 'Penny' is as much fun.

Pretty much the same as owning an MG then :whistle:
Robin ;)

Car names 7 years 9 months ago #170282

I bought new ones, The original silver wheels were needing a refurb, so decided it was just as cheap to buy new, if I dropped on lucky.
Won the black ones on ebay for £240, Sold the old ones for £300 with good tyres (only done 1000 miles) so after treating myself to a new set of Falkens, only cost me about £170 for new wheels and tyres, refurbing the old wheels would have cost me £230

Sundance

Car names 7 years 9 months ago #170283

Smart move and food for thought. Thank you.

Car names 6 years 3 weeks ago #184841

All of our cars, indeed quite stupidly most of our main household appliances have 'pet' names such as Delia the dishwasher and Robbie the Rayburn, for heavens sake why not even at the very tender end of my 6th decade, why the hell should I grow up?

As for our cars, we have 'Blue Louis' which is an immaculate aires blue Defender 90, 'Bertie' our day to day BMW 1 Series, 'Millie' my self built panel van conversion motorhome and now we also have 'Madge' our very recently acquired and utterly pristine 2001 MGF.

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT